Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Davis Vantage Pro 2 PC Connection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi,

I've recently dived in at the deep end and purchased a Wireless Davis Vantage Pro 2 which I am very impressed with. However, I did not purchase the Data Logger software that comes with it for downloading data to a pc. Do I need this software as the manual suggests I do? I have recently purchased Weather Display 32 and Weather Live thinking that would work independently without the WeatherLink logger software. Also, the only connection I can see to make a direct link with my pc is the serial type slot called Expansion.

I'm confused, can someone assist me.

Many Thanks

Tony

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Hi Stormboy,

I,m afraid you are going to have to splash some more cash, the expansion slot that you mention is were the data logger plugs in and it's from the datalogger that you connect to the pc also the weather link software comes with the data logger. Once you are connected to the pc you will be able to use you weather display and weather live.

Hope that is of some help

BU

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Hi Stormboy,

I,m afraid you are going to have to splash some more cash, the expansion slot that you mention is were the data logger plugs in and it's from the datalogger that you connect to the pc also the weather link software comes with the data logger. Once you are connected to the pc you will be able to use you weather display and weather live.

Hope that is of some help

BU

Hi BU,

Thanks for the response. I've since purchased the Davis WeatherLink Data Logger and it's just done it's 12am backup pretty much as I type. I set it up and running at 4.30pm on the 26th and the Weather Live bit is next. It's all impressive stuff and I'm now in the real world of downloading and streaming data, yipee.

Cheers

Stormboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Hi Stormboy,

Happy to help, im sure you will be very happy with your DVP2 it's the best weather station i have ever had and i look forward to seeing your website.

BU