Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bbc Online Weather Beta Version.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think it's quite good, although it will be the true end of the old fashioned weather symbols on the 5 day forecasts. The regional maps go down to the counties instead of regions as well. The old site had become quite dated and I like this new version.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Very user friendly. I love the detail you get with you set your local area and all on one page. Nice use of JavaScript collapse & expand to get further information. Defiantly a step forward.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

So far, I have to say it looks pretty good. I didn't like what they did to the BBC site when the modern graphics were first launched, and the curious blend of old and new graphics. These changes give the impression that the BBC are really looking to utilise the advantages of the new graphics to the full on their website. It looks more user-friendly, more attractive-looking and easier to get the desired level of detail.

Posted

Looks really good and conveys the flow of the weather well; the slider bars on the maps are excelllent!

I still have a niggle with this site (& the MetO) though- the nearest obs site for Norwich is RAF Marham which is 50 km NW of here! :doh:

I can't believe that they can't use data from Norwich Weather Centre...

Posted
Looks really good and conveys the flow of the weather well; the slider bars on the maps are excelllent!

I still have a niggle with this site (& the MetO) though- the nearest obs site for Norwich is RAF Marham which is 50 km NW of here! :doh:

I can't believe that they can't use data from Norwich Weather Centre...

I suspect its because Norwich Weather Centre no longer exists!

its possible the observations are originating at EGSH Norwich airport

Edited by johnholmes