Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Seatown West Dorset

Posted

went down to seatown west dorset on the jurassic coast,it was beautiful this morning and i thought i would share a few pics.

On the way home we stopped in axminster devon to visit whittingstalls river cottage shop,some lovely goodies in there,but bring plenty of money lol! 17 quid for large-ish fresh chicken! needless to say it was full of righteous ,right on, guardian reading 4x4 drivers, by the way the big cliff with sandy coloured top layer is called Goldencap

Edited by blackdown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

wow, what a beautiful area, lovely pics mate. Makes my area look pointless (and it has to be special to make me say that)

Posted

Nice to see that some parts of the West Country haven't changed in 30 odd years.. ;)

Thanks for sharing those.. Brought back some wonderful memories..

That's the only pub i've ever been refused a pint in..lol

Posted

thanks for the comments guys,although i sometimes think its nearly impossible to take bad photos when in areas like this

the views along the coast path are staggering,apparently there is vehicle access to goldencap now,must try that sometime

there is a webcam,but mostly shows the carpark

http://www.wdlh.co.uk/gcwebcam.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

I know the area well as I go down there quite often, certainly a beautiful section of coastline around that area. Nicely capturing that beauty in those photos too Blackdown, well done.

Never heard of vehicle access to Goldencap, walked up there before, the views are simpy stunning!

Edited by Somerset Squall

• 1 month later...
Posted

yes some lovely shots there, what does the lady in your life think of your avatar?

Posted
yes some lovely shots there, what does the lady in your life think of your avatar?

not much , but she does resemble her in a lot of ways,as i quickly pointed out to her,also it is one of several i use from time to time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sooper dooper pics BD, gives me pangs of home sickness....Ahh, the South West, the jewel in Britain's crown!