Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rather Large Storm Came Over Last Night ...

Posted

Hi, new to the forum, and my first try at capturing some lightning! Since taking pictures of the lightning was practically impossible for me (Camera has to auto-focus before it takes the shot), I decided to just make a video and grab some stills out of them! Not the best, but I think they are alright for my first try :)

day.jpg

Looks like a really overcast day ... untill you look at the car window :doh:

andwhy.jpg

Really close, that one!

strike.jpg

strike2.jpg

strike3.png

:lol:

Edited by Things

Posted

Good pictures, where was the storm and where are you located in general? (members are encouraged to "pop their home town into their avatar" to quote a leading authority) ... and welcome to Net-weather.

Posted

Added my location :lol:

I don't have any radar images from the storm (Unless I can find archives somehow ...), but there was 2 build ups on either side of us, and one of them decided to cross right over the top -- causing that strike in the 2nd picture. :doh:

Hi, new to the forum, and my first try at capturing some lightning! Since taking pictures of the lightning was practically impossible for me (Camera has to auto-focus before it takes the shot), I decided to just make a video and grab some stills out of them! Not the best, but I think they are alright for my first try :)

Hi Things, and welcome to NW forum.

if you look around this site there will be some good tips to pick-up on taking photos of lightning, and if you don't see what you looking for, just post up what you like to know, lots of helpful members on here. :)