Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Intense Tropical Cyclone Gael

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Nice images there Cookie. Gael did indeed briefly intensify overnight, but has now resumed a weakening trend. Intensity is now down at 95kts. Gael maintains a nice eye but not for much longer I would imagine, waters are cooler on the southeasterly track and shear is now quite strong. This should induce extratropical transition by 24hrs and it could be complete as soon as 36. Gael should transition as a fairly potent extratropical storm which will continue to moves east-southeast into the cold southern oceans.

Posted

Intensity has taken a nosedive down to 65kts, and this could be generous. Geal's convection continues to get shallower and the eye is gone. Gael is rapidly becoming a cold cored system, and extratropical transition is well underway. It should be complete well within the next 24 hours. So it's bye bye for Gael, a strong storm which thankfully didn't effect land.

Posted

I know its an old image, but stand back and have a look at this beauty of of an image

gaela200903807051kmbx6ei6.jpg

and below, I feel like one of those people who shows a before and after image when someone loses weight. :D

20090209.2230.meteo7.x.ir1km.13SGAEL.65kts-974mb-309S-594E.100pc.jpg

thanks for you're great updates mate. It wouldn't be the same with just me here on my own. :)

Posted
I know its an old image, but stand back and have a look at this beauty of of an image

and below, I feel like one of those people who shows a before and after image when someone loses weight. :D

thanks for you're great updates mate. It wouldn't be the same with just me here on my own. :)

Brilliant images there Cookie, indeed it shows how Gael is a shadow of his former self, LOL.

Your input is much appreciated too mate. I think it's nice that we are documenting these events to look back on at a later date- had a read through of Ivan and Jokwe last from last year, looking at the number of views others have been doing that too!