Cold?
IGNORED

Extras For Vp2 Wired Version?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
Guys,

Is it possible to fit a soil temperature probe to the outside sensor suite of a Vantage Pro 2 (wired) ?

Cheers,

Garth.

I would say not as there isn't a way to wire these in. They're not listed as available either on the Davis site. Time to buy the wireless model.

I would say not as there isn't a way to wire these in. They're not listed as available either on the Davis site. Time to buy the wireless model.

No! I don't rate anything wireless - too many potential problems. I'll stick with what I've got.

Cheers,

Garth,

Sheffield.

Posted

It's still going is it? Blimey!

I've never had a problem with my wireless one, I must admit, but even so, I'd always stick with wired anything unless I had to go wireless...be it router connection or weather station.

The Pit's right though - you would need a wireless station for that to work.

It's still going is it? Blimey!

I've never had a problem with my wireless one, I must admit, but even so, I'd always stick with wired anything unless I had to go wireless...be it router connection or weather station.

The Pit's right though - you would need a wireless station for that to work.

Yup, apart from needing a replacement reed switch for the rain gauge (50p) it has been faultless. I think it's one of the best things I've ever bought - and it was second hand as you know!

I've got a wireless router which is totally hit-and-miss, and a wireless electric gate at the bottom of the drive - likewise. I tried wireless cctv and it didn't work at all. Wireless is a nice idea and a good marketing device, but far from perfected, at least for civilian use, IMHO.

Soil temperature is a minor detail really - I've just started a vegetable patch and thought it would be useful. Might get a stand-alone one and put the display in the greenhouse (when I get one).

Cheers,

Garth.

Edited by Dr_G