Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sun Strength

shuggee

Some very interesting posts on here tonight. Never knew the sun has as much strength now as in late September

Yes the sun has as much power now as on September 22nd, i find it strange BBC say its warm with typical values 12C to 14C(cooler near eastern coasts and in the north) but in late September wouldn't suggest such temps as warm, fog/ low cloud have been slow to clear here so it's been chilly until around midday warm in the sun in the afternoon once it clears then it cools down rapidly again after 5 pm, not a warm spell IMO as in the shade or if you're indoors its still cool, only the power of the sun makes it feel warm, reefs warm charts above are proper warm spells in March this compared to them is not in their league.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

Well I think average highs in the south are about 11C at this time of the year, so what has been seen recently is "warm" (~17C) compared with that. Also compared with a pretty prolonged and cool winter, I'd bet people are really feeling it.

Posted

Been a UV index here on the Isle of Wight of 3 for about a week now, and my tan has started in earnest. Think this is the earliest I've ever gone brown!

Posted
Been a UV index here on the Isle of Wight of 3 for about a week now, and my tan has started in earnest. Think this is the earliest I've ever gone brown!

Oh dear, well if you subject your skin to it between now and september I pity you!

Posted

It must take a hell of a lot of sunbathing to go brown with the UVI only at 3, but then with all this nice weather you've been having...I'd have been sat outside quite a lot!

Posted
I work outside

Lucky bugger! I recall a few years back I spent a winter here working outside. At the end of August I had a passport photo taken. Comparing that with the one in my actual passport, which was taken in August 2006 in the UK, there was no comparison. Working outside for an entire winter actually got me massively more brown than working inside for a UK summer (and a good one at that) with the odd foray out to sunbathe.

You can't beat working outside in fresh air and sunshine. Ahhhhh....