Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New To The Nw Forums

Gilz

Posted

Hi there

I am new to the NW forums and thought I would introduce myself, I'm Gill and have been storm chasing for 15 years now and finally took the decision last year to take my skills further and go for an Open Degree through the OU tailored around the climate and meteorology.

So far I have found the course amazing and am looking for some direction on subjects, I have taken Science, Understanding the Weather, Maths and Physics. Unfortunately due to my personal circumstancies going to a University to study Meteorology would be difficult as I have a complex disability, which means there are times where I am crippled with pain and unable to move, but I personally see no reason why I can not work from home as a meteorologist and be there for my family.

What subjects would people here recommend or what are the core subjects in meteorology?

Thank you in advance

Gill

Posted

Hi there

and yes lol, I use the NW charts for forecasting and I thought I could learn a lot more from joining the site.

Hows things with you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Fine thanks, your course sounds cool!

Are you still on SevereWx much? There seems to be quite a few problems with the site, whats the lowdown on that situation?

Posted

The forum had been hacked, the site was brought down by the hacker who had left his opinion on a blank page. It is a shame but such is life.

I am going to be going up in a microlite at some point in the near future and of course taking the camera and video camera so I should get some interesting shots.

Next year hubby and I intend to get out to tornado alley and have fun while I still can.