Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hayfever And Midges

Posted

Yep. Strange too. Mines the worst for a few years today. Woke up this morning with a nose like a dripping tap. Ran out about a week ago of the nasal spray, so wonder if this could be the reason. Still taking tablets, but never seem to work on their own.

About to do a bit of kamakarzy (sp?)...time to cut the lawn :D:D

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

I also suffer badly with hayfever but as long as i take all my lotions and potions wheni get up in the morning i am normally fine all day!

Eye drops are brill, normally last all day but keep them with me incase they start to itch. The nose spray works wonders and keeps it clear all day on most occasions, unless the pollen is really bad. And the tablets work as well. Took me ages to find ones that did work but i now use Telfast on prescription and they seem to do the trick! :lol:

Midges are a pain but i can live with them i it means nice weather! :lol:

Matt

Posted
:(

I don't think anyone can comment on midges until they have been north of Ardlui on a dank night in mid-summer.....

LOL, went to the Kyle of Tongue a few years ago - midgies drained so much blood from me I thought I needed a transfusion !!

Posted
I always thought that midges only bite in low light, surely sunshine chases them away?!

Our midges have been out when the sun is streaming down but are at the worst first thing in the morning and late evening and when it is damp. The only time they will disappear is when there is a breeze blowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well I was out last night looking at Noctilucent clouds and the midges were vicious! after about 20 minutes of swatting and itching, I went indoors and my face was absolutely covered in them! haven't seen this many for a while, I hope isn't doesn't stay this muggy.

Posted

I've never been a hayfever sufferer, but this year it has really affected me at times. To top it all off the local council are cutting back the trees this morning and thats just going to move pollen around too! At least after they've cut them back it might help me a bit around the house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Half a dozen bites after an evening stroll in the West Pennines yesterday, English midges alive and kicking...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

midges, ticks, clegs, megaclegs, they're all out in force the last few days. i'm pockmarked. but i'd rather this and sunshine and warmth than the usual cold wet and windy crap that passes for summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Megaclegs? Are those the big 1.5 inch efforts which leave huge circular bruises if they bite you? They are vicious. Worse than a bee sting or wasp sting. Do you get wood wasps too? I got ripped by one of them two years ago, left a huge 2 inch slash mark on my back as it bit me. They are like wee birds.

You mean one of these? 503px-Horntail_labrador.png

I held one once, I thought it was harmless B)

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
You mean one of these? 503px-Horntail_labrador.png

I held one once, I thought it was harmless :lol:

I was wondering what they were,ive seen a few around the last week or two and had never seen them before. One of them landed on my leg the other day when i was working outdoors. As they are such a big insect i thought maybe they were some kind of dragonfly nor something.

• 4 weeks later...