Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Site - Location Save

Regarding the use of the weather site. When I go to a specific location to get the weather why can't I save this location by bookmarking it? As I would like to have several locations available (each for a different fishing location throughout the country) it's a bit of a bind having to keep keying the locations in each time. Each time I return to the site the location has defaulted to "City of London"

Cheers

Sloaney

Posted

Your most recent forecast location is saved to a cookie, if it's defaulting back to london when you return it will either be that your system is deleting or blocking the cookie from being set, so you may need to allow cookies from netweather or switch off anything that is regularly removing cookies.

In terms of bookmarking various locations, this is certainly do-able, once you've selected the location, clicking today (or any of the other days) will change the address bar to something like this, with the location displayed in there (this one is for manchester):

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...;sess=#forecast

Once that's done, bookmarking the page will take you back to that location's forecast each time :)

Cheers Paul, but seem to have another problem now. If I bookmark my first location changing the name to that of the requested weather details, then go on to do another areas weather details, the first bookmark is overwritten with the second, so I have two differently named bookmarks pointing at the same weather. Not that clued up with PC's so could well be me :)