Thursday / Friday Storm Discussion

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

well bright flashes and gunfire thunder :)

girlfriend not happy..........no tv

Edited by dallas

Posted

A few bright flashes as I was looking towards Southend/Westcliff direction. A couple of distant rumbles but thats about it for here. Seems to have just started raining though.

Posted
its warm and not a breath of wind,rain comming down steady now.

suppose this is the start of it for us now :)

Temp 11.8C here, doesn't feel that bad. Probably have the same Friday midday but it will feel much colder with the strength of wind.

Moderate rain odd heavier burst now and again for last couple of hours.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

Now upto about 10 bolts a minute, quite a decent thunderstorm now, not as good as a few weeks ago but still meeting expectations!

NW radar shows the core just a tiny bit to the west of my location but its still giving a very good show regardless.

Posted

Frequent thunder to the South, three or four rumbles just merged into one to form a 15 second rumble, the activity round here is becoming increasingly lightning active. :)

Thor's chariot is ripping its way across the sky, the thunder is remarkable, very long deep rumbles which seem to start from one side of the house and move right across to the other.

The most thundery July I have ever seen in all my 17 years on this planet.

Savage peels of thunder, sounds like a fighter jet ripping the air.

Edited by jshaw

Posted

A little off topic, but i was out storm finding (it would be chasing but nothing kicked off) so i ended up chasing massive CB'S and a developing cell that Hornsea got (the buggas!).

Enjoy the pickies, the last one is my favourite, it's a picture on an industrial estate with some big rolling cb's behind it.

And r0b will probably notice! (YES i did stop off at burger king) :)

post-2644-1247777543_thumb.jpg

post-2644-1247777558_thumb.jpg

post-2644-1247777578_thumb.jpg

post-2644-1247777597_thumb.jpg

post-2644-1247777630_thumb.jpg

Lewis

Edited by Lewis

Posted
:doh: Nothing in the Swindon area again!! Just been chatting to my Uncle in Croydon who's having some lightning.

Posted
well bright flashes and gunfire thunder :doh:

girlfriend not happy..........no tv

Same here, satellite signal keeps going. I'm still suprised considering how bad the lightning is that the rumbles really aren't that bad!

Posted

Nice lightning to the North of me I call it fire lightning as it is yellow orange in colour and lights the sky from top to bottom I know it is IC but quite spectatcular

Posted
Same here, satellite signal keeps going. I'm still suprised considering how bad the lightning is that the rumbles really aren't that bad!

Probably because the storms are high based.

Posted
:doh: Nothing in the Swindon area again!! Just been chatting to my Uncle in Croydon who's having some lightning.

We've had flashes, the odd rumble, its raining but seemingly missed the bigger storms that some people have experienced.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Still waiting. Predictably, nothing. What boring boring weather. Kent gets it all, AGAIN. Nothing changed then.

I just find it unbelievably frustrating that 3/4 times the storms go towards Kent and the 1/4 time they don't and are heading in a straight northerly direction bang on for bucks.....they dissipate (like a few weeks ago when the storm I witnessed was around 100 strikes per minute in the channel, then 30 per minute when it hit the south coast, and when it hit Bucks, 2 flashes....in the WHOLE storm).

People who aren't from Sussex/Kent/Essex/Suffolk there's not a lot of point hoping for storms cos it won't happen. It hasn't happened in 5 bloomin years for gods sake. And I thought global warming was meant to warm up the atmosphere, therefore more thunderstorm production, well that ain't damn true!