Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Looking For Wind Data For The 11Th-12Th January 2005.

Posted

Hello everyone,

I am posting this to ask if there is anyone out there that has weather data from their weather stations for the 11th-12th of January 2005? The reason being is that for my final year dissertation I am studying 'Storm Gero' and am trying to get as much data at my disposal as possible. At the moment all I have are the met office site's data, but I would like to use data from home weather stations too! So if anyone has any data that they would be willing to let me use (You will get a mention in my reference section icon_biggrin.gif ), it would be very much appreciated.

Also does anybody know where I could get my hands on the north atlantic jet stream analysis charts for early January 2005? I found a website that had an archive going back only to 2006.

Cheers for now

Calum MacColl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi Calum.

The mean wind speed here on those dates was as follows;

Jan 11th 2005...0900.................1800.........................................

................27 mph S.............36 mph W.....................................

Jan 12th.......30 mph W..............27 mph SW....................................

The highest gust ( midnight to midnight ) on the 11th was 51 mph and on the 12th, 40 mph.

These readings are taken at 340mts a.s.l and are corrected to standard height.

A nearby station at 500 mts a.s.l reported mean speeds of 16-22 mph between 0630 and 0900 on the 11th, 37-39 mph beween 1630 and 1800 on the 11th, 30-39 mph between 0630 and 0900 on the 12th and 33-35 mph between 1630 and 1800 on the 12th.

Edited by Terminal Moraine