Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Snow Chase

WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know I am thinking of doing a couple of snow chases across Scotland eg. Cairngorms, Campsies, Fort William etc around January/February time. If anyone would be interested then please send me a PM for a chat about the details. I will provide the transportation to the particular sites visited as well as food and drink.

Cheers,

Craig.

PS also if anyone else would like to provide transportation of their own to help out in order to be able to bring others at the same time that would be great!

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know I am thinking of doing a couple of snow chases across Scotland eg. Cairngorms, Campsies, Fort William etc around January/February time. If anyone would be interested then please send me a PM for a chat about the details. I will provide the transportation to the particular sites visited as well as food and drink.

Cheers,

Craig.

PS also if anyone else would like to provide transportation of their own to help out in order to be able to bring others at the same time that would be great!

What do you mean by snow chase ?

There maybe snow everywhere over that time. are you going to wait and see ? mega_shok.gif

I think it was Jan 06 me and a mate drove all the way to John O'Groates (from Hertfordshire) and back over a weekend as you do.

We only saw snow on the highest peaks and it was cira 7/8c sad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

I'm going to wait until maybe 3 days before and judge it by that. You're bound to see loads high up here at that time of year! And if it's already fallen in places we can stop and enjoy it :doh: pictures etc. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Sounds interesting - if '63 doesn't hit I might consider itlaugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

i would but im only 14 (15 in may) so i cant unfortunately when im older i be for it ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Mind you, the two 500 metre hills about 2 miles to our south should suffice at this altitude for snow, maybe leave it for those who are further from decent altitude.

Posted

Mind you, the two 500 metre hills about 2 miles to our south should suffice at this altitude for snow, maybe leave it for those who are further from decent altitude.

I will be safe inside the igloo in my back yard...!!!!!!!!!!!!help.gifcold.gif

Posted

I did a Scottish snow chase myself, at the start of March 2008. What was odd about that was I had spent 3 weeks in the unspeakably cold and endlessly snowy Kyrgyzstan just before the Scotland chase...

Anyway, the snow was watery and mushy in Skye, dry and spindrifty in the high passes N & S of Braemar and huge and fluffy in the central belt and Ayrshire. And at some stage in between I even slept with the window open in Blairgowrie while it snowed overnight, just to cool down a room that was insanely overheated by the old codger running the guesthouse. Ah, the memories...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

i would but im only 14 (15 in may) so i cant unfortunately when im older i be for it :whistling:

I'm 15 in May too! :unsure:

• 3 months later...
Posted

Guess we didn't need this thendrinks.gif

Guess we didn't need this thendrinks.gif

:lol: It's funny looking back at this thread. At least WhiteXmas won't have to go far to find snow just yet :help:

I wonder how late the snow patches thread will start this year? We could do a lowland one first and save the highland one until much later :)

Posted

:lol: It's funny looking back at this thread. At least WhiteXmas won't have to go far to find snow just yet :)

I wonder how late the snow patches thread will start this year? We could do a lowland one first and save the highland one until much later :)

Just seen this thread....... At least there would be very little addition to GW!!!! :help::)

I think the Highland one would need to start maybe...... August?