Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Data Release

VillagePlank

Posted

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is the original (aka unadjusted) dataset here. I downloaded the HadCrut data recently released (as discussed in this thread) and extracted the Aberdeen data. I also obtained the GNCHv2 dataset for Aberdeen. Plotted together they look like the attached chart. Also shown is a difference chart - one dataset subtracted from another. As you can see, they are identical post 1947ish, apart from a small period between 1980 & 1991. Prior to 1947 there is a constant 0.5ish degree shift.

Any thoughts?

post-5343-12638291276028_thumb.jpg

Edited by LadyPakal

Posted

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is the original (aka unadjusted) dataset here. I downloaded the HadCrut data recently released (as discussed in this thread) and extracted the Aberdeen data. I also obtained the GNCHv2 dataset for Aberdeen. Plotted together they look like the attached chart. Also shown is a difference chart - one dataset subtracted from another. As you can see, they are identical post 1947ish, apart from a small period between 1980 & 1991. Prior to 1947 there is a constant 0.5ish degree shift.

Any thoughts?

We had to account for that shift in the LI exerices. TWS kindly found the link, here, and there's some cursory discussion surrounding that post both before and after.

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted

We had to account for that shift in the LI exerices. TWS kindly found the link, here, and there's some cursory discussion surrounding that post both before and after.

So, Aberdeen, a land site, has had a 'fix' applied to it prior to 1945, due to a change in the way temperatures were measured at sea?