Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

I assume if the ECM was to verify even the SW might get some snow? Or do we have to wait for the atlantic to roll back in? mega_shok.gif

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

If this does occur, could this well lead to one of the first wide spread snow events for a few years.......?

And this place will go into Meltdown.

Let's hope the site doesn't Freeze.

Sorry I can't help myself, I'm over excited now, and I've been trying so hard to remain calm. :o

Posted

Possibly but its a little early to make that call.

Interestingly still disagreements about the easterly set-up for saturday, the ECM doesn't do much with it whilst the GFS does, I'd have thought this would have been nailed at this stage but not quite just yet, next 2 runs should have it all sorted out however.

Should see a gradual cooldown over the next few days as the high pressure starts to build in from the south, wi lbe intersting to watch as this process occurs and as pressure rise...and at last...the wet spell ends!!

Posted

And this place will go into Meltdown.

Let's hope the site doesn't Freeze.

Sorry I can't help myself, I'm over excited now, and I've been trying so hard to remain calm. :o

Would be great to see some more snow in Herts!

Imagine if it snows like it could do we may well be having our 2nd large snow fall of the year! A long time away but maybe just maybe.....:o

Posted

I wonder what the state of the UK would be, if trains, schools, buses etc shut down in around 5cm of snow, i wonder what this will do? I'm looking in a good position being east of the pennies biggrin.gif (That's certainly not to say the west will miss out though!!)

Edit: If it all comes off :o

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

I wonder what the state of the UK would be, if trains, schools, buses etc shut down in around 5cm of snow, i wonder what this will do? I'm looking in a good position being east of the pennies :o (That's certainly not to say the west will miss out though!!)

Note that if this happens it may well occur towards the end of the last proper week of schools/work etc..... A early Christmas break for many?:o:lol:

Posted

Would be great to see some more snow in Herts!

Imagine if it snows like it could do we may well be having our 2nd large snow fall of the year! A long time away but maybe just maybe.....:)

It would be COOL! :o :o

We have been really lucky here in the last couple of years. Snow Last October, I think again in November and of course February this year. We are doing really well. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

I'm merely a novice and really understand only the merest basics! I live in Kent and it's pure torture at the moment because one minute the SE is going to get a dumping, then it's merely a marginal area, then a snow fest, then drizzle......

It's shredding my nerves here people.....:o:crazy::o

Posted

Note that if this happens it may well occur towards the end of the last proper week of schools/work etc..... A early Christmas break for many?ohmy.gif:o

Might ruin the the 6th form Christmas dinner next Friday though ! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I wonder what the state of the UK would be, if trains, schools, buses etc shut down in around 5cm of snow, i wonder what this will do?

I would imagine the country would be "frozen" if that happened. rofl.gifrofl.gifshok.gif

Well all except for the no snow west country cray.gifcray.gif

Posted

It would be COOL! :o :o

We have been really lucky here in the last couple of years. Snow Last October, I think again in November and of course February this year. We are doing really well. :)

Yep.

October

November

January( A bit of snow that lasted for 2-3 days on the ground with the really cold spell)

February- A week of snow falling and well over a week of snow on the ground.

Edited by saint

Posted

I live in northeastern england and would do very well out of the charts been shown :) These are the best charts i have seen during my period of netweather at this close range and since im only 14 i missed the great events of the past so if this is like one of them it would be my greatest event during my time on Earth! :o On sunday or monday could i see any snow? :)

Awwww - I hope you get your wish!! :o

Posted

Sorry this is way off topic but....... With all the up and coming excitement It's nice to see some of the forum "lurkers" come out and contribute. If you are a lurker and can no longer contain your excitement, come out and say hello! :o

Ric

Posted

I would imagine the country would be "frozen" if that happened. rofl.gifrofl.gifshok.gif

Well all except for the no snow west country cray.gifcray.gif

To be fair if we get any lows approaching you would do fantastic!

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

....This is of course if it does happen, i've been dissapointed 9 times out of 10 with 'nearlys' on this forum over the years.

Posted

Glorious runs for cold/snow lovers. Every model run tonight is forecasting cold with snow in their respective early FI sections. Let's see if the "just now" infastructure in this country can cope with what is being predicted.

Posted

....This is of course if it does happen, i've been dissapointed 9 times out of 10 with 'nearlys' on this forum over the years.

On the other hand there is a lot more support for this change to much colder conditions, still trying to keep the ramping down, but I'm struggling :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snowstorm1, both you and I stand to do brilliantly in just about all the models after +144, struggling to even find a model that will allow us to put a slight damper on this amazing non-stop upgrade we've seen over the last few days!

Posted

I will do very well too!!!

Oh and if there is another fiasco with road grit, then yes the country will grind to a halt

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

I've already asked my sister to borrow her pushbike to get to work and back, not wanting to ride my royal enfield in snow as the front brake locks sometimes when it gets wet, and I've told work that if they need any holly wreathes delivered, i can do that on the bike, also, getting stocked up on coal tooand firewood for when the electric goes off (which it will coz of all the numpties wanting to walk around their houses in shorts and teeshirts when it's -10'c outside, and then overloading the system).

Long johns ironed and thermal vest, along with knee length socks, wellies and gloves and bobble hat!!

Chickens at the end of the garden have got extra bedding, and may have to come into the house IF it gets cold enough...mmmm what else?

Oh yeah, will get the milk in as fast as I can in the morning so as the birds don't peck the cream, and so that the top isn't sitting ontop of a 2" pillar of frozen milk when i get it in.

extra blankets are on standby (about 5 at last count as I never have the heating on upstairs and have the window open next to my bed until it get below -7'c)

And i have a shovel at hand so I can clear the path and road in front of the house.....mmmmm I think that's it.....?

Am I in the wrong thread? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

kinda like reverse zonality, but seems to be staying in FI, although i do say the gfs 12Z is an upgrade for monday, looked mild on 06Z, hope that trend continues for a cold easterly as early as monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Might ruin the the 6th form Christmas dinner next Friday though ! laugh.gif

That's nothing, my annual 6th form Christmas football match might be snowed off next Friday cray.gif

I am reffing first half though so I will ensure it goes ahead - even if we have to play it in 6 inches of snow biggrin.gif

Edited by nick2702

Posted

It look like a fairly short lived event for western areas on the 12z.

Is this what it's likely to be or could last a bit longer????

Posted

Sorry this is way off topic but....... With all the up and coming excitement It's nice to see some of the forum "lurkers" come out and contribute. If you are a lurker and can no longer contain your excitement, come out and say hello! <_<

Ric

Hello :rolleyes: