Cold?
IGNORED

New Server Now Online

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Cheers Paul,

Posted

Quick update - moving to the new server is taking a little while longer than we'd hoped, but we are still hopeful of completing it tonight all things being equal.

Once over we'll be able to switch all the usual facilities back on..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Sorry HC, but it's not server related - all the charts are there on all the viewers - full, lite and free (there was in fact 1 corrupt file in the latest data which may affect one time slot, but I'm yet to find it). Which charts are you trying to view?

Do you have the radar open in another window/tab by any chance? If so, that will be the cause - due to the security within the system you can only view one part of extra at a time.

Only one tab open. I could only view a single pane in the chart viewer this morning and late this afternoon. Now it's better, after a while I can get four open but it took several tries. This problem only started yesterday - nothing's changed at this end as far as I can tell. :yahoo::doh:

this was with both IE and Chrome...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sorry HC, but it's not server related - all the charts are there on all the viewers - full, lite and free (there was in fact 1 corrupt file in the latest data which may affect one time slot, but I'm yet to find it). Which charts are you trying to view?

Do you have the radar open in another window/tab by any chance? If so, that will be the cause - due to the security within the system you can only view one part of extra at a time.

Only one tab open. I could only view a single pane in the chart viewer this morning and late this afternoon. Now it's better, after a while I can get four open but it took several tries. This problem only started yesterday - nothing's changed at this end as far as I can tell. :yahoo::)

Paul, I had a similar problem yesterday...I'd attempt to run the GFS (next gen) models, with 4 panes, and only the 1st selected pane would show...This was with both IE8 & Firefox....Working fine tonight though :yahoo:

Posted

Used to be at the bottom of each page on the forum, you could see who was likely to be reading what you were about to diss them with. Will that sneak preview up the kilt (as it were) of the membership be available in the future or has it gone the way of the CRU historic station data?

Posted

They'll be back later Chris when we move to a new server.

We'll be turning the forum off shortly to start the move to the new server - it shouldn't take too long

Posted

glad we back :blink:

HOMER: "No TV, no beer make Homer something something."

MARGE: "Go crazy?'

HOMER: "Don't mind if I do!! Whoooaaaaablaaaoooblaaaaaaa!!!"

Richard "No netweather, no ramping make Richard something something."

MARGE: "Go crazy?'

Richard "Don't mind if I do!! Whoooaaaaablaaaoooblaaaaaaa!!!"

http://www.videosift.com/video/No-TV-No-Beer-Make-Homer-Something-Something

:whistling:

Posted

It's already working, but you'll probably need to mark all the forum as read to making it useful again - link to do that is at the bottom of the forum.

Posted

It's already working, but you'll probably need to mark all the forum as read to making it useful again - link to do that is at the bottom of the forum.

ok thanks mate, final question.

did we break the record? :) obsessed I know.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Thanks for the new server, Paul. Everything seems to be working very smoothly today!

Thanks mate...I'll pass it on to the Whingeing Jocks!!! :lol:

Excuse me Tatters, but this is one sweaty sock who (for once) was not whinging :lol: ;) :lol:

Posted

I cant get an image from the Radar, the rest of the page is OK, i.e. the sliders and various controls, but no image. Is this the server or something else?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Excuse me Tatters, but this is one sweaty sock who (for once) was not whinging :blink: :);)

:clap::rofl::rofl: Gotcha!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Sorry for the errors etc a short while ago - we had a small corruption in the database which needed repairing.

glad you caught up with OON at last LOL

Posted

Hi all, sorry for the downtime there - we will go down again for a short period soon as we're running a server resize to double the server power which will hopefully cope a lot better with the very high traffic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Every winter we used to say that one day a cold spell would come along and cause NW to crash.

This moment has just come to pass. Now it's a cold spell that history will remember, for it crashed the NW server :unsure:

Posted

Not sure if this is a related fault but apparently i'm not allowed to view member profiles.. including my own..