Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 4

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

heavy snow here in the last 15min about 2inch on the main road outside not good driving by the looks of it temps -0.6closedeyes.gif

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Clear sky now. Hoping for a lot of ice... :)

Will I ever grow up?? :) :)

I can guarantee its much more fun being young at heart. Enjoy!

I love the snow as much today as I did as a youngster..........it meant lots of fun and laughter (as well as cold fingers and toes which were all part of the memories). Doubt that our children and grand children will see as many proper snowy winters as we did.

Posted

I think later in the night will be a bit better here, with the showers pushing further northeast towards Fife and Dundee. Not done too badly so far, but I think tonight and tomorrow will be better.

Still unclear what wind direction we are going to end up with. wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Band of snow moving west towards the forth with the hint of a southwesterly wind - anyone remember the 8th of February this year? Fairly similar track of PPN though there looks to be more showers around.

I give up!! Raining here beside the huge blob of precip which is passing to our north. I see there is another warning out which covers here but I am not holding my breath :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Those showers are taking a more westerly angle now. Glasgow city looks like a good place to be just now. (Didn't think I'd ever say that in any context!)

I can't see much making it through east, certainly not with Perth hogging everything that came out of the Highlands today.

Cait' a bheil mo shneachda?

Air a’ Ghaidhealtachd, ceart gu leòr! :)

Posted

I give up!! Raining here beside the huge blob of precip which is passing to our north. I see there is another warning out which covers here but I am not holding my breath :)

What's your temps? Temps are the key 1C DP -1. A degree or two up and it sucks :-(

That's almost an hour now of snow here. Sometimes it's light, other times it's battering down.

Posted

Still waiting for some snow here. Had the brief 30 min blizzard yesterday that made the place white then slushy and icy, no lying snow of note here, maybe a millimetre of two depending on where you look. Whats the chances of some substantial snow (a few cm's for us) reaching here soon? Not holding out much hope. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I can guarantee its much more fun being young at heart. Enjoy!

I love the snow as much today as I did as a youngster..........it meant lots of fun and laughter (as well as cold fingers and toes which were all part of the memories). Doubt that our children and grand children will see as many proper snowy winters as we did.

You're right enough, Gilly, the snow is free, and it has no price...But, it's wonderful none-the-less! :lol: :lol:

Maybe, we could organize a Net-weather meet-up in Inverness? Just an idea...What do y'all think? :lol:

Posted

Chucking it down now - anyone else have same conditions?

Maybe, we could organize a Net-weather meet-up in Inverness? Just an idea...What do y'all think? :lol:

Not if we get snowed in :lol:

Posted

Air a’ Ghaidhealtachd, ceart gu leòr! :)

What, NR (apart from "on the highlands" of course) are you blethering about??? Tha mi duilich...Chan ellie mi huirst thu???

My Gaelic is crap!! :rofl::rofl: Tha mi Sassenach!!! :drinks:

Posted

I give up!! Raining here beside the huge blob of precip which is passing to our north. I see there is another warning out which covers here but I am not holding my breath :drinks:

Yep same here, been waiting all dayfor the precip and ts just rain/sleet now :rofl:

Posted

Chucking it down now - anyone else have same conditions?

Not if we get snowed in :drinks:

:rofl::rofl::):):rofl: And, when's that going to happen!!! :rofl::cray:

Yep same here, been waiting all dayfor the precip and ts just rain/sleet now :(

Well, did warn y'all???? :(:(

Posted

It just changed back to snow.. wish it would make its mind up!! Areas like East Kilbride must have loads by now?

Posted

It just changed back to snow.. wish it would make its mind up!! Areas like East Kilbride must have loads by now?

That's cos it's marginal mate...It's the same here! :drinks:

Posted

Guys further west have slightly warmer temps, maybe two degrees max more than inland areas (dewpoints too). Cold air is totally embedded here (still 0.3c) - the wind has shifted more westerly and it's come unstuck against the coldness here. Quite dramatic when you think 25 miles west and it's raining. What's happening on the east coast, Edinburgh too ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Not very happy, temperature now 1.8C and dewpoint 0.3C. On Thursday, the station was recording dewpoints of 0.2C and it was still snowing so I'm not entirely sure what precipitation falling will be. Hopefully the showers will bring the dewpoint down a little and it'll be snow all the way but I'm becoming a little wary.

Posted

complete white out here, and not flakes but klumps!!! Looking at the radar, not much left I think till later hopefully.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Nothing happening here at all. Light sleet shower in Leith in the last 45 minutes.

Edinburghis still managing to avoid anything worthwhile - goes around us on all sides - and even our castor sugar dusting is at risk from sleet and any slight rise in temperature.

Guys further west have slightly warmer temps, maybe two degrees max more than inland areas (dewpoints too). Cold air is totally embedded here (still 0.3c) - the wind has shifted more westerly and it's come unstuck against the coldness here. Quite dramatic when you think 25 miles west and it's raining. What's happening on the east coast, Edinburgh too ?

Posted

complete white out here, and not flakes but klumps!!! Looking at the radar, not much left I think till later hopefully.

Yeah, same. Almost off here now and I think that might be it for this evening. Who knows..either way, pretty chuffed with snowfall last two days. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Bugger! Have METO radar on and the showers are just scraping to the south of Fife. Looks like they are following the river. Temps and dewpoints both 0.8