Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yup, no problem mate! They are only mobile phone pics so the quality aint too good. Send me the link!

I could send you the files if you wanted. There's a few more too.

Ill drop you a PM in a sec mate, btw just noticed your avatar says keighly, i use to play that team regularly in the yorkshire cup etc, i played for East Hull.

Lewis

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Ill drop you a PM in a sec mate, btw just noticed your avatar says keighly, i use to play that team regularly in the yorkshire cup etc, i played for East Hull.

Lewis

Rugby League man eh? Well done!

Off to feed the ducks up on Keighley moor soon so i'll see if i can find any more big drifts!

Posted

Rugby League man eh? Well done!

Off to feed the ducks up on Keighley moor soon so i'll see if i can find any more big drifts!

Yep,

Love the rugby league, i use to play for yorkshire, and was always in the service area. Did turn down the chance to go with Hull F.C academy because i had a kid, then work was important, and i also needed an operation on my knee to remove cartalidge and fluid build up, so i chucked it in.

I'm a massive Hull f.c fan ;)

Posted

Looks like i'll be invading this thread for the next week as i'm coming home (Donny) for Chrimbo!

Help me out Maxdamage - What's potentially happening over the next few days in our parts?

I arrive in to Donny at 11pm tonight - Any chances of my arrival being white?!

I need to change my username lol because i joined 2004, names craig :), well snow cover still hasnt melted and still loads in the town center with loads of ice! tonight could be a "suprise" event as the ppn sits over us for a good 3-4hours! so could be snowing when you arrive! ill keep you updated on here tonight :)

just to let you know! max of 2.4c and now its dropping already to 1.6 ;)

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted

now 1.1c people smile.gif

Max temp was 0.6c here with the current temp 0.3c! The difference a few miles makes. Looks a good few hours of precipitation. Whether it falls as sleet or snow remains to be seen... :whistling:

Posted

No thaw here, absolute bitter! don't feel like 1.3c at all!

Tonight is looking very promising indeed, if the temps get down to at least -3, when it hits, i cannot see the temps recovering much, and it will be snow.

Lewis

Posted

No thaw here, absolute bitter! don't feel like 1.3c at all!

Tonight is looking very promising indeed, if the temps get down to at least -3, when it hits, i cannot see the temps recovering much, and it will be snow.

Lewis

Just checked the Wales thread and there currently experiencing some snow, hopefully we will to :) No thaw here as well!

Posted

It not far off that here, little if any thaw of the snow so far. Hopeful for tonight?

Im more confident than i was this morning,and hopefully the temp will slowly drop from now on.Hardly any thaw here in the last few days.

Posted

Im more confident than i was this morning,and hopefully the temp will slowly drop from now on.Hardly any thaw here in the last few days.

Its been a rare event I recon when regarding a thaw (lack of), snow in December is much better than February/March stuff. I am really hoping to have a covering still by Christmas day. Sounds daft I know but it will be a first for me!

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Posted

According to xcweather we are already at -1 here which has to be a good thing. It also mentions that the dew temp is -2. Is that good?

Posted

According to xcweather we are already at -1 here which has to be a good thing. It also mentions that the dew temp is -2. Is that good?

Yep the temp here is now -1c :cc_confused:

Posted

drinks.gif same mate, lets hope for some more snow tonight and a very g r a d u a l thaw.cold.gif

Thats a nice new toy, thanks for that!! Going by its prediction around 9ish tonight is when the fun and games will begin!! It seems to have passed by midnight. Quite intense for a while not sure about the predicted temps though.

I like the warnings. Our 8-10cms of lying snow has turned into 6cm of lying snow (more like 7-8cm on grass) during the last 24 hours, so we need a top up to get back into double figures again!

5-10cm sounds good to me :drinks: