Hot?
IGNORED

Current Conditions 15th-20th March 2004

Lorraine

Posted

10c , 50 mph winds from the west , horizontal rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

starting to get unbelievably windy here in ipswich. Didnt expect winds to be this strong this early!!! Maybe this storm will bring stronger gusts than expected! Ireland had already had 66 knots (74.9mph- unconfirmed) Main winds wont hit east england for another few hours so maybe it might get quite interesting! Otherwise, quite cold in wind, overcast and a few spots of rain!

PS- its the gusts that are alot stronger than i thought not the mean wind speeds which dont seem to be that high.

Posted

Current Conditions: Light Drizzle and Windy

Temperature: 52°F/11c

Feels Like: 52°F/11c

Dew Point: 50°F/10c

Humidity: 94%

Wind: From the West Southwest at 26 gusting to 39 mph

Visibility: 2.8 miles

Barometer: 29.71 inches and steady

UV Index: 1 Minimal

As Reported at: Bournemouth, United Kingdom Last Updated Saturday, March 20, 2004, at 12:20 PM Greenwich Time (Saturday, 7:20 AM EST).

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Very very windy. Loads of things being blown about. Including my fence panel being thrown across the garden.

Posted
Very very windy. Loads of things being blown about. Including my fence panel being thrown across the garden.

Snap :?

Posted

im not there but on www.xcweather.co.uk you can see that the northeast of england is experiencing gusts up to 70mph and these are still strengthening quite rapidly. The winds are beginning to strengthen in central and eastern parts of the uk as well as wales now. A gust of 76mph in wales so far also!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

In last 40 mins of so Norwich has gone from sunny and breezy to cloudy and extremely windy. My whole house is shaking!

Posted

Tiles being lost here there and everywhere. Fences blown down. Debris from a nearby building site blowing through the air. Hedgerows are absolutely full of the stuff. Really glad now I decided to stay at home and not travel up the A1 to my parents in North Yorkshire this afternoon!

Posted

gusts of up to 76 mph now being experienced in the north east of england and east anglia! I suspect more in some spots where wind is not recorded. Norwich had a gust of 71 mph a little earlier despite the aviation warning saying gusts would be around 64mph and this not even happening until later on this evening- this storm is a little stronger than first thought! I reckon we could see 85mph somewhere today- at least!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just seen the heaviest shower ivce ever witnessed with driving rain and you could see the rain sweeping across the sky from miles away :shock:

Posted

:shock: Extremely windy, with even stronger gusts.

Trees down, fences down and seems to be getting stronger now that night time approaches :?