Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Share Your Lamp-Post!

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

You'd have a field day round here then! All clockwork gas lamps that some guy goes around once a week winding up and changing the on/off timer.

Or do you prefer more modern sodium or (back a bit) mercury lamps? (Yes I take an interest too!).

That's nice to hear about an old installation still working and existing.

As for my own collection, I have everything but an old fluorescent lantern. I do have an old 5 foot 80w BC cap Flo tube along with original quickstart gear from the 1960's though. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in details.

Some pics here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=99973&id=734994082&l=5d1e49f5a3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

These are from the 3rd February but I just remembered I had them saved lol! Action shots I will call them!

BB

Edit: I dont know what I'm doing wrong but the pics seem less massive when u right click and select "open in a new window" than if you just click on them!

post-7351-12668685799517_thumb.jpg

post-7351-12668686355117_thumb.jpg

Edited by bazookabob

Posted

These are from the 3rd February but I just remembered I had them saved lol! Action shots I will call them!

BB

Edit: I dont know what I'm doing wrong but the pics seem less massive when u right click and select "open in a new window" than if you just click on them!

Your not doing anything wrong, just the resolution of the image is quite big :)

EDIT: But to get back on topic, ive got two lamp-posts I use to see if it snowing but since it's not snowed up here for a while now, ive got no pictures! Shall try on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday as we are almost guaranteed something snowy by then!

Edited by Mr Stewie

Posted

Mine now in use!!!

post-2849-12670520831717_thumb.jpg

Our lamp posts round here had that as well, I'm guessing its from that event that parts of Scotland saw loads of snow from last week. We got a good 7cm here of really wet snow, and the snow slides down the lamp post like a snake , I'm guessing it's because the snow is so wet, looks pretty cool.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Our lamp posts round here had that as well, I'm guessing its from that event that parts of Scotland saw loads of snow from last week. We got a good 7cm here of really wet snow, and the snow slides down the lamp post like a snake , I'm guessing it's because the snow is so wet, looks pretty cool.

Exactly what it is. We saw about 10" over three days most of it wet and did melt in between, but had a good finish to leave a good inch or two that is now frozen solid.

The snalke effect did get longer that night, but went round the back of the lamppost, so was unable to see with camera.