Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Risk Charts

Posted

Hello.

I was just looking at the UK Snow risk charts and got a bit confused. If you click on the link below you'll see the chart that I was looking at and the bar too side of it, for snow am I looking at the bottom or the top. I naturally expect it to be the top but am confused.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

Thanks for reading my post.

DSP

Posted

Hi,

Both bars have the same function to show the snow risk at a specific time period, the only difference is that the top bar has the 3 hour charts (21 for example) while on the bottom bar you click on the pointer at move it about to the time period that you want to get to, so they are the same function but just have a slightly different purpose.

Hope this helps :yahoo:

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Sorry but I think you've misunderstood my question. I was looking at the side bar that has purple at the top in a triangle thing, I was wanting to know whether the top end of that bar or the bottom of that bar was the higher snow risk.

Thanks anyway.

Posted

Sorry but I think you've misunderstood my question. I was looking at the side bar that has purple at the top in a triangle thing, I was wanting to know whether the top end of that bar or the bottom of that bar was the higher snow risk.

Thanks anyway.

My apologies on that one, you are right, where the darker colours are, thats where the highest risk of snow is according to the GFS, and the other end of the scale (pale colours) is where the lowest risk of snow is according to GFS

Edited by Snowman0697