Would You Fly ?

Would You Fly ??  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If UK Flight Operators Said They Were Defying The Agencies

• Yes Without Hesitation
    • No Way Hose - My Life Is More Important Than Profit Making Airlines

Posted

Put Simply With the Following Scenario

If Some Uk Flight Operators Were to go against NATS & Meto Advice and start Taking off and Landing

Would You Fly ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No way 'Hose', lol :nonono:

If I'm honest - yes I probably would, but with strong reservations and reluctance. But seeing is that isn't an option I've plumped for no.

Edited by Harry

Posted

YES 100%...

Got more chance being struck by lightning out in t he Plains :nonono:

lol...im out numbered :unknw: ...true fearless storm chaser

the names Pat Timmer

Edited by dogs32

If Some Uk Flight Operators Were to go against NATS & Meto Advice and start Taking off and Landing

Would You Fly ??

Only if the reward was worth the risk. I would fly to go on the holiday of a lifetime (or for a very strong positive reason) but I wouldn't fly for any other reason.

So I voted no as there were no other options!

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

After noting the "cloud" here earlier, I wouldn't risk it. Maybe I'd fly from Amsterdam to get above it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Not a hope. No amount of money lost, nor risk of lost holidays or missed business deals is worth chancing it, the stakes are a tad too high if it all goes horribly wrong.

Posted

If I had faith in the plane operators and their judgement (ie they are saying its safe to fly because actually is, and not because they are greedy companies who would rather put profit before safety) then I would. But I don't - so I wouldnt!

Nothing is worth the risk...

Posted

Would You Fly ??

No and never ever again with any airline that chose to ignore NATS advice although I suspect NATS/CAA would take action against any airline daft enough to flout their instructions.

Posted

Would You Fly ??

Yeh but id need a good bot o red wrapped up in bubble wrap and encased in black box material x

Posted

Its like a Ride!! LEt a few people go first if your not sure and then get on after nothing happens!

Posted

Its like a Ride!! LEt a few people go first if your not sure and then get on after nothing happens!

you go first?:lol:

Posted

No and never ever again with any airline that chose to ignore NATS advice although I suspect NATS/CAA would take action against any airline daft enough to flout their instructions.

BA ??

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

No I wouldn't. It would take a life determining emergency to justify the risk

Posted

BA ??

BA did not flout any regulation, their aircraft were en-route to either Heathrow IF it was allowed or the standard first alternate. As UK airspace was closed, not Manchester as is the usual 1st alternate but Madrid. Once, and this applied to all the BA flights, the restriction was eased by NATS NOT the government, then they were totally correct in refiling for Heathrow, albeit with some holding due ATC having to get the normal approach paths opened.

I do wish people would make 2+2 =4 and not some hypothetical number. Like my earlier post said there MAY have been some pressure by airlines on both Euro Control and NATS but it was to be expected as proving flights showed that the previous technical reasons for banning all flights might be a touch overdone. But far better to be safe.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

BA did not flout any regulation, their aircraft were en-route to either Heathrow IF it was allowed or the standard first alternate. As UK airspace was closed, not Manchester as is the usual 1st alternate but Madrid. Once, and this applied to all the BA flights, the restriction was eased by NATS NOT the government, then they were totally correct in refiling for Heathrow, albeit with some holding due ATC having to get the normal approach paths opened.

I do wish people would make 2+2 =4 and not some hypothetical number. Like my earlier post said there MAY have been some pressure by airlines on both Euro Control and NATS but it was to be expected as proving flights showed that the previous technical reasons for banning all flights might be a touch overdone. But far better to be safe.

Well they didn't flout it but decided to fly across anyway then circle around for a while before getting permission. So they should been heading to Madrid and not the UK. So I would presume then when they left that entered a flight path. Does the flight path to Madrid take them over the UK??? If it doesn't then why were they so far off course???

Posted

I've tried to answer in a constructive manner in several posts Pit-if that does not satisfy then I'm afraid I cannot help any more.

I have an open mind as I've posted and a pretty good understanding working knowledge of how civil airlines operate. Until shown proof I continue to wait for the NATS/CAA/EuroControl investigation. Until then any of us are just surmising and many with little knowledge. That is not meant to belittle anyone.

On a more constructive note and seeking information.

Has anyone got a link that show UK air corridors and those of Europe along with the north Atlantic routes please?

many thanks

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I've tried to answer in a constructive manner in several posts Pit-if that does not satisfy then I'm afraid I cannot help any more.

I have an open mind as I've posted and a pretty good understanding working knowledge of how civil airlines operate. Until shown proof I continue to wait for the NATS/CAA/EuroControl investigation. Until then any of us are just surmising and many with little knowledge. That is not meant to belittle anyone.

On a more constructive note and seeking information.

Has anyone got a link that show UK air corridors and those of Europe along with the north Atlantic routes please?

many thanks

I'm trying to work out how the air flight is planned. I thought you would know as you seem more clued up on this me.

I presume you got tell the authorities where you going.

Forget this and someone else already has answered this earlier. Doh.

Now would they be allowed to fly if they said Heathrow when it was already closed???

Edited by The PIT

Posted

I'm trying to work out how the air flight is planned. I thought you would know as you seem more clued up on this me.

I presume you got tell the authorities where you going.

Forget this and someone else already has answered this earlier. Doh.

Now would they be allowed to fly if they said Heathrow when it was already closed???

see my post at 20

Posted

Mr Cynical hat on.

14 BA jets were longhaul. They were all arriving or near UK airspace within an hour or two of each other. Indeed, 5 or 6 of them were holding out west until pressure was put on the CAA/NATS by BA ??? Is this possible?