Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2011 - Early Heads Up

Paul

Posted

Just for our forum users initially (this will be promoted site wide from tomorrow), the dates for the 2011 storm chases are below...

All places are available on a first come, first served basis, and as you may remember from last year the spaces are likely to be snapped up very quickly as we only take a maximum of two vehicles on each tour, so please move fast if you would like to secure your place.

The price per place is currently being held at the same rate as for the 2010 tours which is £1500 per place, but this may be increased after May due to the fluctuating dollar rate and increasing fuel prices.

We have a payment plan available, which during May equates to an initial payment of £50, with 11 further monthly payments of £135 (total amount of £1535 includes a £35 admin fee). If not using the payment plan, a deposit of £150 is payable now with the balance due in March 2011.

Tour Dates

Tour 1 - 29th April to 10th May - 4 spaces (max)

Tour 2 - 10th May to 21st May - 1 spaces (max)

Tour 3 - 21st May to 1st June - 7 spaces (max)

Tour 4 - 1st June to 12th June - 6 spaces (max)

As this is an early heads up, the chase page on the site has yet to be updated with these details, so for further info or to book your place please contact me directly either by phoning 01386 576121 or emailing paul[at]netweather.tv.

Posted

Couple more spaces just taken - 1 on tour 1 and 1 on tour 2. So both those tours are now down to 4 spaces remaining....

Update - tour 2 now down to 1 space....

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Guys

Well seeing as there are only 14 days before the amazing offer finishes thought it only fair to update on the Situation regarding the Stormchase Tours for 2011.

People booking/paying a deposit before the 30th June 2010 get next years Stormchase at last years rate (Eg £1,500 + £35 admin fee) and returning customers obviously get a discount on that price as well. After this date the price goes up to next years prices due to rising costs of Hotels, Petrol, Car Hire, Insurance and the slide of the £ v $. So people booking after the 1st July 2010 unfortunately will have to pay £1,700 + Booking fee (This is still way lower than any other tour company out there)

Due to amazing demand we already have had to include extra vehicles on Tours 1 & 2 and have the capacity to include extra vehicles on Tours 3 & 4 if the demand arises.

So Tour 1 has 3 Vehicles in 2011 and only has 1 Space remaining as at 16th June 2010

Tour 2 has 3 vehicles in 2011 and only has 3 spaces remaining as at 16th June 2010

Tour 3 has 2 vehicles in 2011 and only has 3 spaces remaining as at 16th June 2010

Tour 4 has 2 vehicles in 2011 and still has 6 spaces remaining as at 16th June 2010

Many Thanks

Paul Sherman

Posted

I know possibly the wrong thread but unable to find a more appropriate one

post-9919-12767609932181_thumb.gif

if Jo,s coming next year i have found a good avatar for her its animated if you click on it, need to add sound to it "get in the (unrepeatable) car" voice blown away in wind thats my excuse anyway

i recommend these tours to anyone who wants an exciting few days with a good chance of getting to see some severe weather yahoo.gif

between storms you will drive through places that you will know the names of from all those cowboy movies on a boring sunday afternoon that you used to watch acute.gif

but storm chasing is far more exciting than that so give up that holiday on the beach at Majorca or anywhere else ie cyprus, turkey, carribbean even Southend and head out to the Central Plains with Netweather

working on convincing girlfriend to come with me (to help carry all my gadgets and cameras)biggrin.gif

Edited by gpspete

Posted

Tempted by all 4 tours! :D Buy 3 get one free? 8)

Err

Yes - You know the conditions Mate :D:rofl:

Paul S

Posted

Tempted by all 4 tours! :D Buy 3 get one free? :whistling:

Would love to do this Arron.....But the money would be to much for me....

Considering sleeping in a car on and off one day's with Hotel's..

I think what Paul did this year would be ideal.

Something Im oneday considering...But the downside is chasing on your own :wacko: and the lack of fun!!! and friendship

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Considering sleeping in a car on and off one day's with Hotel's..

I think what Paul did this year would be ideal.

Something Im oneday considering...But the downside is chasing on your own wacko.gif and the lack of fun!!! and friendship

Posted

Pete which T are you on mate...T1 i THINK

?

I know the one's Im going on just need to tell someone about it... :lol:

Next year is going to be better...But to be honest I dont care as this year was out of this world...

But according to some its going to be the 4yr cycle...Tornado feast out breaks..lol..

going to get better a lightning next year as I bodged quite a few shots up..not impressed.lol

Only got about 100 :lol: pics

got a few things planned next year to do different on the film front.

Paul any chance of getting up close again like the Twin sister tornados..lol

Risky!! but hey you get some awesome footage..

would love to get close like that again. :)

We Want More Mr Paul Casey

:w00t:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Hi Guys,

Long time no see. I have been working hard to get some cash together for a while now and i've finally made the decision to get myself on this tour ! Just a shame it's Sunday and nobody is about to take my booking lol. My aim is to frequent this forum more often and get to know everyone again and meet the newer members. I am so excited ! This is going to be epic. I will book as soon as I can. Looking forward to it and it's months away ! I don't think i'll be able to calm down until my name is on the place list. I'll call again tomorrow smile.gif

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Hi Guys,

Long time no see. I have been working hard to get some cash together for a while now and i've finally made the decision to get myself on this tour ! Just a shame it's Sunday and nobody is about to take my booking lol. My aim is to frequent this forum more often and get to know everyone again and meet the newer members. I am so excited ! This is going to be epic. I will book as soon as I can. Looking forward to it and it's months away ! I don't think i'll be able to calm down until my name is on the place list. I'll call again tomorrow smile.gif

hi mate your love it..

:good::D

Posted

Awesome...that is the stuff of dreams. I can't wait to book. I'm 21 years old, just got myself a pay rise, have no commitments...perfect time, eh ?

Are you heading out again next year, Dogs ?

Posted

Awesome...that is the stuff of dreams. I can't wait to book. I'm 21 years old, just got myself a pay rise, have no commitments...perfect time, eh ?

Are you heading out again next year, Dogs ?

Sent You a Pm :good:

Is Pat heading out - :D The guy is addicted, his Stormchase Videos are incredible from the last 2 years.

Are you going to make the BBQ - That is the perfect place to meet all next years participants and see vids of this year etc

Posted

lol...I have it real bad to be honest....Its a fight between my guitar and Supercells.....Well and truly addicted....(Paul.S is fault)

I have to control myself of stop making videos :lol:

Yes im going to the BBQ....going to make a video for it..

yes Supercell going next year...cant wait,,,,,but I have to stop thinking about..lol or try

Sent You a Pm :good:

Is Pat heading out - :D The guy is addicted, his Stormchase Videos are incredible from the last 2 years.

Are you going to make the BBQ - That is the perfect place to meet all next years participants and see vids of this year etc

I love this one Paul...shows the mayhem and the adrenilin rush :lol:

See the golf balls in slow motion at the begining Edited by dogs32

Posted

Those videos are immense. Looking forward to the BBQ meet up to see more fantastic footage.

Posted

Guys

Well seeing as there are only 10 days before the amazing offer finishes thought it only fair to update on the Situation regarding the Stormchase Tours for 2011.

People booking/paying a deposit before the 30th June 2010 get next years Stormchase at last years rate (Eg £1,500 + £35 admin fee) and returning customers obviously get a discount on that price as well. After this date the price goes up to next years prices due to rising costs of Hotels, Petrol, Car Hire, Insurance and the slide of the £ v $. So people booking after the 1st July 2010 unfortunately will have to pay £1,700 + Booking fee (This is still way lower than any other tour company out there)

Due to amazing demand we already have had to include extra vehicles on Tours 1 & 2 and have the capacity to include extra vehicles on Tours 3 & 4 if the demand arises.

So Tour 1 has 3 Vehicles in 2011 and only has 1 Space remaining as at 20th June 2010

Tour 2 has 3 vehicles in 2011 and only has 2 spaces remaining as at 20th June 2010

Tour 3 has 2 vehicles in 2011 and only has 3 spaces remaining as at 20th June 2010

Tour 4 has 2 vehicles in 2011 and still has 6 spaces remaining as at 20th June 2010

Many Thanks

Paul Sherman

Although Tour 1 shows 1 space left this has been reserved and not paid for by one person so effectively although 11 have shown an interest only 10 have paid a deposit therefore we are still showing 1 space left.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

2 More Bookings on Tour 3 Yesterday so will update the numbers later on, but these tours are getting sold out pretty qickly so if you are thinking about it for next year (Lots might be due to lack of Uk Storms this year) dont wait too long or all the spaces might be gone

Paul S