Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow In May, Low Level

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

You are right. I think that's the reason why snow showers only fell from the Midlands northwards around 10-12 May 2010 (the same was also true of 11-13 May 1995), while on 6-7 May 1997, a combination of a stronger airflow and lower heights resulted in sleet and snow showers penetrating to much of southern England as well.

Hail in June really is nothing to comment on at all. You can (and do) get hail at all kinds of temperatures at any time of year. Hail is more related to convection and the convective potential of clouds/showers (not to mention obviously loads of other factors that influence such a set up) rather than temperature and dew point like snow.

For instance I've experienced hail in NZ due to vigorous convection during the height of summer when the temperature was in the mid twenties, and you very commonly get hail in US (Usually the Central-South) during the tornado season of late spring - early summer, where temperatures get into the mid 30's.

It is if you live on a island lol.

Posted

Hail in June really is nothing to comment on at all. You can (and do) get hail at all kinds of temperatures at any time of year. Hail is more related to convection and the convective potential of clouds/showers (not to mention obviously loads of other factors that influence such a set up) rather than temperature and dew point like snow.

For instance I've experienced hail in NZ due to vigorous convection during the height of summer when the temperature was in the mid twenties, and you very commonly get hail in US (Usually the Central-South) during the tornado season of late spring - early summer, where temperatures get into the mid 30's.

We had a hailstorm with giant hailstones a few years ago from a starting temperature of 26.6. The hailstones ranged from marble sized to golf ball sized.

• 5 months later...
Posted

i remember back in june 2003 i got off the bus in the village next to my village and there was that much hail on the floor it looked liked it was coverd in snow