Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 2010 - Day 17 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted

Heading down towards Amarillo today to stay in the Big Texan. So a bit of R&R For the guys before 2 Solid Chase Days down near the Edwards Platuex and Lubbock area. Storm Motions tomorrow and Saturday look to be 10-15mph and a decent chance of Tornadoes or Landspout Tornadoes in the next few days. Those type of Storms nearly always head HP Dominant so some good pictures should be had.

Dont think anyone is going to attempt the 72oz challenge...............Yet!

Paul S

post-24-12737658405688_thumb.gif - Friday Risk

post-24-12737658776088_thumb.gif - Saturday Risk

Posted

Heading down towards Amarillo today to stay in the Big Texan. So a bit of R&R For the guys before 2 Solid Chase Days down near the Edwards Platuex and Lubbock area. Storm Motions tomorrow and Saturday look to be 10-15mph and a decent chance of Tornadoes or Landspout Tornadoes in the next few days. Those type of Storms nearly always head HP Dominant so some good pictures should be had.

Dont think anyone is going to attempt the 72oz challenge...............Yet!

Paul S

wusses :D

well the forecast from SPC seems favourable for you Paul, so lets hope you get some good chasing in the lone star state

Posted

For anyone chasing today, I would mention that there is a strong energy peak around 01z (8 pm CDT) and there may be some strong severe storms in the Decatur TX area just north of Fort Worth. Conventional forecast says slight risk, but with these energy peaks at such a favourable time I think the results may be more typical of moderate risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I am probably going to head your way also Paul, if you don't mind catching up! WAs originally going to head down to Odessa via Shamrock, but the isolated late evening supercell risk seems a little further south to me (around Fort Stockton) and I don't think I can make that. I'll probably aim to get into Amarillo for about 3pm and get cracking on the photos and videos from the last 2 days!!

Posted

The Big Texan is sold out I think Nathan - we grabbed what were apparently the last 5 rooms, so probably worth checking ahead that there's space at any of the hotels in the vicinity.

Posted

Heading down towards Amarillo today

Ah yes, we heard about that ......

post-6667-12738423979625_thumb.jpg