Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Where Did The Heat Come From?

Posted

please see the pdf file below

Where did the heat come from 24 May 10.pdf

please add any comments agreeing or disagreeing but it would be nice if differences could be substantiated by charts showing your viewpoint.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

yes it was fairly plain to see most of the warmth was indeed from the Azores region (or thereabouts) as it was 'sucked' into the anticyclonic system and transferred northeastwards towards to the UK, then the sun did it's work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

yes it was fairly plain to see most of the warmth was indeed from the Azores region (or thereabouts) as it was 'sucked' into the anticyclonic system and transferred northeastwards towards to the UK, then the sun did it's work.

i agree.

Posted

Many thanks for that info John. I had wondered myself where such unseasonal heat had come from, great explanation.

I had wondered myself where such unseasonal heat had come from

Just a question for you, would you call it unseasonal heat if it had occured in the first week of June?

If no then why do you then call it unseasonal for just over a week before June starts?

Edited by Eugene

Posted

it would be nice Eugene if you coukld try and not be too picky and a touch more balanced in your posts, but then perhaps its old me seeing too much in your posts!

Posted

Just a question for you, would you call it unseasonal heat if it had occured in the first week of June?

If no then why do you then call it unseasonal for just over a week before June starts?

Let me ask you a question Eugene. If this was November and max temps were only around 1C wouldn't you be posting how unseasonably cold it is?

I say this because I remember last summer you saying 30C isn't hot because temps in other countries reach +40C. I do realise you have a preference for cold weather and appear to have a dislike of hot, summery weather but lets have some balance in your posts. Now 29C might not be exceptional for late May but its still way above average.