Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moon Phase/zodiac Weather

Posted

Im interested in using the moon phase time change and zodiac crossings to predict weather(time zone specific)..Including apogee and perigee as factors to magnify or reduce the weeks intensity.Has anyone tried this theory?..Also, Interested in studies on the Moons Effect on Barometric pressure..

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Im interested in using the moon phase time change and zodiac crossings to predict weather(time zone specific)..Including apogee and perigee as factors to magnify or reduce the weeks intensity.Has anyone tried this theory?..Also, Interested in studies on the Moons Effect on Barometric pressure..

Hi Jim

I use lunar phases and solar cycles to make seasonal predictions, as they do seem to be directlyt linked. Yes I am absolutely convinced that perigee/apogee with new moon and full moon combinations make a large effect on pressure patterns. However, that is just the tip of the iceberg as there are northern and southern declinations and many other combinations to look at. But yes there are serious accurate 'hits' from this type of forecasting method.

Roger J SMITH uses magnetic field influences from other planets which incorporates lunar phasing as all are unsurprisingly intrinsically linked along with the sun. Seek his theory out [well worth it] and also feel free to contact me as I'll give further references. It isn't infallible....not yet as mainstrem doesn't invest in this side of climate forecasting.

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Has anyone on here tried gardening according to the Moon phases? It's an old, old style which some people swear makes huge differences but I can't say I've ever tried it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Has anyone on here tried gardening according to the Moon phases? It's an old, old style which some people swear makes huge differences but I can't say I've ever tried it.

All I know of it J is that you plant root crops when the moon is waning and surface crops as it's waxing.