Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What's Your Favourite Season And Weather?

55 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite weather?

• Sun
    • Cloud
    • Thunder & Lightning
    • Hailstone
    • Snow
    • Rain
    • Wind
  2. 2. Favourite season?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Autumn
    • Winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I voted but haven't posted here yet.

1) Winter

2) Summer

3) Autumn

4) Spring

Love winter but it is followed very closely behind by summer. I love the sunny days and heat, but winter is better. Crisp evenings and mornings. Snowfall and cold temperatures!

Pretty much sums my thoughts up too. Snow is a rare beast here generally so I appreciate that more so than 25C in summer which happens much more regularly and reliably. I like the transformation of the everyday landscape by snow and heavy frost too. Winter can be a bit grim though when stuck in drizzly SWesterly weather with temps stuck at 12-14C day and night.

Spring I find leaves me a bit impatient for summer, lengthening daylight to make it feel like summer but still often a cold wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I voted Snow & Autumn, for me, I love Winter, but the nights drawing in is simply amazing, I get goosebumps, and they are contracting quickly now!

Autumn >> Winter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Summer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spring

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Not a single vote for spring. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I like spring for the emerging growth, rising temperatures and lengthening days but for me the drawback is that until mid April its not warm enough, which is why late Spring and early Summer is my favourite time of year. The countryside still has that fresh, lush look to it and its around that time of year when we get the first really warm days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Ask the same question in mid Feb and you'd find a different result I'm sure!

Posted

Ask the same question in mid Feb and you'd find a different result I'm sure!

Hmm depends. If it's an extremley cold winter people may want summer to arrive ASAP. If it's a mild winter, the cold lovers still may want cold and snow before it's too late. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

My favourite times of the year are Winter, as i love the cold, clear frosty morning and the snow! as we dont seem to get the snow here as often as other parts of England and Wales, but that just down to being in the south west of the uk and only a few miles from the coast! However, along with winter and the snow, i love a good sunny day when you get temps in the high 20s or on some occations low 30s and then get some good thunderstorms in the evening! You can never beat a good summers thunderstorm after a hot and humid day to cool things off and entertain, or a good load of snow in the winter!! :whistling:

If i were to put the seasons in order as some others have, it would be Winter, Spring and Autumn are about equal, and then last but not least, summer!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

I voted snow and winter becuase I love being at home and watching the snow fall in the middle of the night.

My favorite order is winter 1st then Autumn then summer and then spring (I really don't like it) :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

Am I the only one to have voted for spring as my favourite time of the year?

Perhaps maybe those in the south dont welcome spring like we do up here, perhaps your winter just isnt long enough, perhaps you just dont get the same invigourating feeling we get when the first warm sunny day arrives after all of those long cold dark winters. Perhaps the concrete jungles that surround some hide the true beauty as fresh green and golds fill the landscape.

Spring is my favourite time of the year, it symbolises the feeling of newness, woman will know this feeling well when you go into a shop and buy a new wardrobe of clothes, for me thats the feeling I get every spring. I love watching out for those first teetering glimpses of the seasons changing as snow drops appear and the green shoots of the daffodils appear, as the snow melts on the lower slopes of the mountains and as birds begin to there song. As days become longer, the nights a little less cold and the smallest of green leaves appear on the silver birch. Perhaps its the vanilla smell from the gorse as it splashes brilliant yellow all over glens. Young, vibrant, rejuvinated, new.. words we associate with Spring.

This is my season.

Weather? I would love to say the sun.. but we dont see enough of it.... I would love to say the first warm sunny spring day, but the choice wasnt there. I love exciting weather, tunderstorms terrrify but fascinate me, rain I see way to much of.... wind..... Ive seen it being so destructive.. a killer.

So for me I love snow... I love to see it fall, silently coating the landscape in a blanket of pureness. It turns familiar landscapes into ones unknown, turns night into day.... quite literally when it snows on a full moon. And of course its great fun to play in....

I hate sleet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Give me a long hot sunny summer any day over an average winter.

However as my fav weather is snow , I voted winter.

I would prefer 90 days of freezing weather to 90days of hot weather.

Give me 3 yrs in a row of 90 days of freezing weather each year and I’ll take a hot summer without the freezing the next year.

So given the last 30yrs of UK weather its ‘defacto’ winter at present

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Perhaps maybe those in the south dont welcome spring like we do up here, perhaps your winter just isnt long enough, perhaps you just dont get the same invigourating feeling we get when the first warm sunny day arrives after all of those long cold dark winters. Perhaps the concrete jungles that surround some hide the true beauty as fresh green and golds fill the landscape.

Spring is my favourite time of the year, it symbolises the feeling of newness, woman will know this feeling well when you go into a shop and buy a new wardrobe of clothes, for me thats the feeling I get every spring. I love watching out for those first teetering glimpses of the seasons changing as snow drops appear and the green shoots of the daffodils appear, as the snow melts on the lower slopes of the mountains and as birds begin to there song. As days become longer, the nights a little less cold and the smallest of green leaves appear on the silver birch. Perhaps its the vanilla smell from the gorse as it splashes brilliant yellow all over glens. Young, vibrant, rejuvinated, new.. words we associate with Spring.

This is my season.

Weather? I would love to say the sun.. but we dont see enough of it.... I would love to say the first warm sunny spring day, but the choice wasnt there. I love exciting weather, tunderstorms terrrify but fascinate me, rain I see way to much of.... wind..... Ive seen it being so destructive.. a killer.

So for me I love snow... I love to see it fall, silently coating the landscape in a blanket of pureness. It turns familiar landscapes into ones unknown, turns night into day.... quite literally when it snows on a full moon. And of course its great fun to play in....

I hate sleet though.

You should turn that into a poem. It's great! <_<

This is my season.

I hate sleet though.

Our weather is very similar to yours. Spring is always a nice time of year it means the winter is now over and its time to move onto the summer. Have you heard of Barra we are very close to each other.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I can relate to that as well. I always keep an eye out in March for the faintest sign of green in the hedgerows or the first daffodill to open as its always a sign that Spring is on its way. Even in December i get a warm and comforting feeling seeing the snowdrops emerging, and hoping that they flower as early as possible in mid January, weather permitting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's winter for me (so long as it's a good one like last year) — although in the beauty stakes September through to early October is hard to beat. Especially if there's a crisp clear September and the merest suggestion of a few ground frosts in October.

I love getting out and about wrapped up in a coat and planning what to do for Christmas (our family make our own presents), wood fires and all the winter stuff. Also it's peak harvest time when all the hard work pays off. Best of all is the food — slow-roast belly of pork with quinces or a leg of lamb with mint, garlic and yogurt followed by a fruit pie.

Posted

I like cold sunny days. A hard frost, temperature only just creeping above freezing, no winds and blue skies. Perfect :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I like cold sunny days. A hard frost, temperature only just creeping above freezing, no winds and blue skies. Perfect :lol:

That's precisely how I'd take my winter and I think if UK winter's were like that for the majority of the time I might like it more.

But because, for the most part, we get 'average' weather meaning 2-6c with low cloud/drizzle then I'm never going to love UK winters! They just seem like a whole load of cack weather with a sprinkling of nice bits. At least in summer during average weather (like today) you can still open the window!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Our weather is very similar to yours. Spring is always a nice time of year it means the winter is now over and its time to move onto the summer. Have you heard of Barra we are very close to each other.

Ironically, that picks up on the only thing I despise about Spring- the dreaded "switch flick" and associated intolerance of anyone who continues to enjoy wintry weather, despite the fact that wintry weather in early spring is perfectly normal.

But I voted spring as a close second to summer partly for the wonderful variety of weather it can bring and the fact that the days are getting longer and lighter. You can get summer-like weather from southerly plumes and temperatures approaching 25C even in late March, while in contrast snowfalls are possible even in May. We have had a number of warm, sunny Aprils and Mays in recent years, and we can contrast, for instance, the often cold, snowy March 2006 with the exceptionally warm, dry sunny April 2007.

Posted

Summer, spring, autumn, winter (although I must admit my least favourite month for weather is November - it's just that winter seems to drag on so much).

Yes, I love those long summer days with sunny spells and the temperature just touching 25 (yesterday was a good example). Snow is a nice novelty when you first see it, but it soon becomes tedious when you have to dig the car out every day and slide down the road. And our typical winters here in the south seem to be long, sunless and damp with an occasional respite for a day or two in February if we're lucky.

Spring's a close second for me too - like TWS I like the variety. Now that's the time of year to get (usually unexpected) snowfall!