Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

http://www.mesonet.ou.edu/data/public/mesonet/maps/realtime/current.wx.gif

Nasty Nasty Winter Storm in the Panhandles & Oklahoma

Woodward down to around -15c a little while ago.

North Winds gusting to near 45mph as well

Paul S

Posted

HI all back from Cardiff with Dave and I can safely say we will have a blast lively atmosphere good food and the odd beer what more could you ask for.

Were going for Mexican for dinner good menu something for everyone should be no more than £15-£25 a head depending on what you want to order the bars are great and brekkie in the morning £5 in the great western pub very good sorted my belly out anyway will add some more details later on

Ian

Posted

Nasty Nasty Winter Storm in the Panhandles & Oklahoma

Woodward down to around -15c a little while ago.

North Winds gusting to near 45mph as well

Paul S

Freeways look a different colour to when I was last there!

http://okc.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=okc&cdn=citiestowns&tm=169&f=00&tt=13&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http://www.oktraffic.org/

Posted

And now we have a message from the Northern Monkey

eckythump

nice curtains you got Tom :acute::drinks: welcome to the digital age

Edited by gpspete

Posted

Jo

If you could manage another 100notes(plus an ickle bit) you could go for the 3MOS version, which is so much better.

The pixel count on the SD60 is(Gross)3.32 megapixels, not much more than a low end phone. At best on a still shot it's only 5Mpixels.

Save your dosh and try and scrape just a few quid together and go for the 3MOS version

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Jo

If you could manage another 100notes(plus an ickle bit) you could go for the 3MOS version, which is so much better.

The pixel count on the SD60 is(Gross)3.32 megapixels, not much more than a low end phone. At best on a still shot it's only 5Mpixels.

Save your dosh and try and scrape just a few quid together and go for the 3MOS version

MR Q...IS THIS YOUR ONE sd60..i CANT REMEMBER WHAT YOU HAVE :smiliz19:

Sorry about capitals.. laptop playing up

Tom..Q

who was made famouse in DFW???

give you a clue...

lovers

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Tom..Q

give you a clue...

lovers

Pat

Nah the one I bought was the SD600, which is why I was trying to point Jo towards it, as the specs are soooo much better, if she can muster the extra hundred notes.

And to your second question:

Dallas was home to several outlaws over the years. Bell Starr was crossing the law in Dallas when it was a new city. Doc Holliday shot a man in Dallas. Sam Bass robbed trains in the area. Later, Bonnie and Clyde met there.

The only "Q" is me, although there is a second one when we arrive at International arrivals, it seems to take forever to get through their Q

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

yeah, saw the 600 version after i posted the 60. ill be living on beans on toast and cuppa soup for the next few months i think :D

Edited by TornadoJo

Posted

yeah, saw the 600 version after i posted the 60. ill be living on beans on toast and cuppa soup for the next few months i think :D

Jo, yah gotta do it, it's well worth it. I looked at the SD700, and unless you're a camaholic,I couldn't justify the extra for the SD700 over the SD600.

Go for the SD600, and then pick up a large battery to given you plenty of recording time, also on amazon I think. Bought the battery from Power Planet I think, but damn good price and compatible with the onscreen battery life using the standard charger.

Let me know if you need details if you go down that route.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Tom..Q

give you a clue...

lovers

Well i too LONDON would have PARIS said Bonnie and ROME Clyde but I Dublin think Ginger Roger and Fred Astair have an Madrid attachment with DFW.

sorry MOSCOW about capitals. I am just playing up :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

I've just bought this 4ttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D3100-18-55vr-Kit/dp/B00403MA4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296682528&sr=8-1

Couldn't resist the 14 megapixels and HD Movie capability .......whistling.gif

Posted

Yeah I was just going to suggest that its probably a good idea to use a DSLR for video these days now since its affordable now. Dam good sensor, loads of manual controls and more importantly awesome lenses that you probably have already if you've owned a DSLR before.

I'm probably going to get either the Canon 60D or the 7D before I head out. Both do full 1080i video as well as being a dam good camera. I'll still bring the 450D out as a backup.

And now we have a message from the Northern Monkey

eckythump

Ah Tom. The end of an era. What happened Mr Hi8?

Hows it goin Pat, just letting u know, booking my hotel now and i just noticed the prices have gone down from €130 for a standard room to €105 , thats for the 20th of may.

Incase u havent booked urs yet.

Which hotel did you book then Ian?

Posted

Yeah I was just going to suggest that its probably a good idea to use a DSLR for video these days now since its affordable now. Dam good sensor, loads of manual controls and more importantly awesome lenses that you probably have already if you've owned a DSLR before.

I'm probably going to get either the Canon 60D or the 7D before I head out. Both do full 1080i video as well as being a dam good camera. I'll still bring the 450D out as a backup.

Ah Tom. The end of an era. What happened Mr Hi8?

Which hotel did you book then Ian?

John

my camcorder just fell to pieces

sad day

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

i have a hd super zoom hybrid camera ( one which shoots video and takes stills) last year which i thought would work for me. the thing i found for me was deciding whether to do still or movie n then switching between video n still n having to check the settings each time wasted time n drove me nuts!

thats why im considering either another still camera or a video camera, mind u people seemed to like me a bit nuts!

Posted

i have a hd super zoom hybrid camera ( one which shoots video and takes stills) last year which i thought would work for me. the thing i found for me was deciding whether to do still or movie n then switching between video n still n having to check the settings each time wasted time n drove me nuts!

thats why im considering either another still camera or a video camera, mind u people seemed to like me a bit nuts!

I would like to plead the 5th amendment.

and ask Pat what is the 19th amendment

\\\tom

Posted

lol

yes Tom and Q...clyde I was looking for..

I will think of another one that is hard to google...maybe a Red indian one.. :lol:

I will have a think :crazy:

19th amendmant,

Constitution prohibits each state and the federal government from denying any citizen :clap:

Dub ,, this Sunday mate the booking but this is the Hotel we always go to on the Freeway

Thx for the info,nice to hear prices going down...

People seem to be realy uping there camera's this year.. :ph34r:

nearly as good as mine :w00t:

got mine from Reed Timmer second hand...0-1 Lux 3cmos,1200 fps :w00t:

hard drive 120gig..

Its even got Noaa radio built in :rofl:

with some hairy sweetie stuck on the lens

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

I'm thinking of keeping the Nikon 3000 I bought last year so I have the option at least this year, the problem is I need a 2nd lens so I'm looking to buy a 18mm-200mm . Will probably sell the body on ebay when i return to fund the new lens

People seem to be realy uping there camera's this year.. :ph34r:

nearly as good as mine :w00t:

Lol, I still want yours !

Edited by duckeyh