Anyone fancy Storm Chasing In Pakistan

Apparantly this is there version of Reed Timmer :rofl::rofl::rofl::oops:

Well he squeals almost the same, maybe he is saying........BACK UP! :doh:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

im thinking about snatching up that tour one place ... what time do you think is the earliest flight back without disturbing tours? as theres a flight at 4:45pm on the 10th may is that too early? What hotel are you guys staying in the first night? if i don't book a hotel and i get there lets say at 3pm will i hold everyone up for tour 1?

AND how did tour one go last year? is the 29th to the 10th may looking good this year if you can tell?

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Anyone fancy Storm Chasing In Pakistan

Apparantly this is there version of Reed Timmer :rofl::rofl::rofl::oops:

Well he squeals almost the same, maybe he is saying........BACK UP! :doh:

That's it.

That is IT

That's what was missing from last year, a few people screaming :yahoo:

(Well I know we had Paul in the back seat uttering a few squeals....)

Posted

im thinking about snatching up that tour one place ... what time do you think is the earliest flight back without disturbing tours? as theres a flight at 4:45pm on the 10th may is that too early? What hotel are you guys staying in the first night? if i don't book a hotel and i get there lets say at 3pm will i hold everyone up for tour 1?

AND how did tour one go last year? is the 29th to the 10th may looking good this year if you can tell?

Hi Mate

Flying out after Tour 1 on 10th May at 445pm is fine and quite a few people are on that Flight out of DFW.

Flying In and arriving at 3pm is also Fine and that is when everyone else will be arriving on the 29th April, I know MCT Is on that BA Flight for instance.

Tour 1 Last year saw 3 Night-time Tornadoes and 6 Supercells, in other years the first week of May has included the Moore (Oklahoma F5) On The 3rd May 1999 and Greensburg (Kansas EF5) On the 4th May :good:

Paul S

Posted

Think Someone asked about a million pages back what sort of temps we could expect when we land at the end of April.

Take a Look at Sunday 3rd April 8)

post-24-0-56461100-1301481201_thumb.png

Posted

Ok its time to start to get the Noaa Antenna out to see if its still usable.....

I sense Quentin wants a go :nonono:

Not bringing anymore music this year as I know Arron will have some superb tracks...(for me to nick) :rolleyes:

The photo competition this year....the best lightning strike

The Best Supercell pic

:clap::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:2009

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Lol Pat, that image is huge - shrink it so we can see it!!

the thing is Paul..this is how big the Storm was.. :lol:

..Im in demand tonight :lol:

ba04158a.jpg

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Great Video you shot there Danny! Although not included in my figures some of the guys did actually see the Rope out stage of a Tornado off to our Right when we core punched that Supercell but this is not the same FC/Tornado that is shown in the other Video you posted. The Rain Wrapped Tornado on our Storm was captured by Verne Carlson (Stormtrack Have Pictures). The other Video you posted was much further SW From our Core Punch near Midland, we punched the core South of Lamessa. :good:

Great Video you shot there Danny! Although not included in my figures some of the guys did actually see the Rope out stage of a Tornado off to our Right when we core punched that Supercell but this is not the same FC/Tornado that is shown in the other Video you posted. The Rain Wrapped Tornado on our Storm was captured by Verne Carlson (Stormtrack Have Pictures). The other Video you posted was much further SW From our Core Punch near Midland, we punched the core South of Lamessa. :good:

Oh right Ya there was a lot of storms that day

Cheers Danny

Edited by danieluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Storm Chasing Begins THIS MONTH!!!!!!!! :drunk::yahoo::drunk::clap:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :whistling:

Posted

Anybody got THE key to wind up the weather in the midwest.

SPC graph up to the 30th shows a drop to the 50th percentile :oops:

Dont worry Quentin we still have 4 weeks for the weather to "crank up" and while you are waiting you can read through what your Nemesis "Pat Lightning Timmer" had to endure on that High Risk Day on the 19th May 2010 - He has told me off the record he would have rather been eating Burritos with you at the end of the Runway in Dallas :rofl::shok::oops:

MAY 19TH 2010.doc

Runs out of the door real quick :cray:

Posted

Dont worry Quentin we still have 4 weeks for the weather to "crank up" and while you are waiting you can read through what your Nemesis "Pat Lightning Timmer" had to endure on that High Risk Day on the 19th May 2010 - He has told me off the record he would have rather been eating Burritos with you at the end of the Runway in Dallas :rofl::shok::oops:

MAY 19TH 2010.doc

Runs out of the door real quick :cray:

You B........d how to rub somebody's nose right in it.

I'll have you know that we were out of the airport by 3PM, as we arrived on a local flight.

I cannot believe I missed SOOOOOOOOOO much by 30mins.

To make it worse you must have turned your phones off as as we waited then almost 2 hours for Mr I. C. to collect us.

Sore, Not F......g much :angry:

Posted

Quent

It's Pat - He got me to post that earlier he had a :80: To my Head!

I would so loved that to have been our 1st Chase Day, in the past few years Changeover days have been really quiet but in 2010 it was manic either side of the Changeover days.

Take no notice of Timmer anyway, you are going to use up all his Storms by the 9th May and he will be stranded in Spain anyhows :lol: :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

2 months today! can't wait! I've only got a few things left to sort.

Been wanting to get a new camrecorder but not sure what the best one is to get for chasing. I had a cheapy one last year which was ok most the time but i had some serious issues with the auto focus with, i missed the 4th Twister that dropped just yards from the car as it kept focusing on the inside of the car doh.gif so i don't want to miss a second this year.

Does anybody have any ideas what's best to get?

Posted

Anybody got THE key to wind up the weather in the midwest.

SPC graph up to the 30th shows a drop to the 50th percentile :oops:

By the way I do keep one of these for every chase day we have ever chased - If anyone ever wants to know for their records just ask.

Following Link "Should" Put a Smile on Quentins face

MAY 25TH 2010.doc :hi: :lol:

And the Campo Day

May 31st 2010.doc