Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Danish Isle Of Bornholm

milkmaid

Posted

has anybody heard about it i'm hearing about the blizzard in the states

but found this post on another forum

Forty thousand people have been snowed in for 5 days, The snow is up to 6 m high and packed rock hard by the wind. The army has tried to get supplies in, but nether snowplow nor armed car can penetrate the drifts. The animals cannot get fodder, the people cannot get supplies, medication or access to hospitals.

i couldn't find anything about it but it's from someone who lives in norway

Posted

has anybody heard about it i'm hearing about the blizzard in the states

but found this post on another forum

Forty thousand people have been snowed in for 5 days, The snow is up to 6 m high and packed rock hard by the wind. The army has tried to get supplies in, but nether snowplow nor armed car can penetrate the drifts. The animals cannot get fodder, the people cannot get supplies, medication or access to hospitals.

i couldn't find anything about it but it's from someone who lives in norway

My brother lives north of copenhagen in birkerod. He said a state of disaster has been called for Bornholm, on national news. He said that rooves had collapsed, people were living in churches and schools on Bornholm. My brother in Birkerod said they had a weather warning that said expect 3ft of snow. They got two feet and he has nearly two meter snow drifts. They have had snow on the ground since end of October and they have had six snowfalls of over a foot and it has not melted. On his road they have snow two meters high that has melted a bit and thawed and frozen so a spade cant break through it. He was walking on a frozen solid lake in the forest the other day...... that deep a cold is not going anywhere soon.....the uk will be cold again i am sure of that.... Im off to Denmark in January so shall report later on in 2011...... If that type of severe cold hit the uk.....wowza.....

Hope Bornholm gets through it ok........

Posted

My brother lives north of copenhagen in birkerod. He said a state of disaster has been called for Bornholm, on national news. He said that rooves had collapsed, people were living in churches and schools on Bornholm. My brother in Birkerod said they had a weather warning that said expect 3ft of snow. They got two feet and he has nearly two meter snow drifts. They have had snow on the ground since end of October and they have had six snowfalls of over a foot and it has not melted. On his road they have snow two meters high that has melted a bit and thawed and frozen so a spade cant break through it. He was walking on a frozen solid lake in the forest the other day...... that deep a cold is not going anywhere soon.....the uk will be cold again i am sure of that.... Im off to Denmark in January so shall report later on in 2011...... If that type of severe cold hit the uk.....wowza.....

Hope Bornholm gets through it ok........

It is really not so cold over here, except maybe parts of central Jutland. My thermometer has averaged maybe -3 for the last week. Drifting snow has been the problem, and the lane connecting our village to the main road had so much snow on it that snow ploughs gave up, while excavators were brought in to load the snow onto lorries. Can't say where they dumped it though.

The most pitiful sight is the whooping swans. We have quite a population of them here on south TÃ¥singe. The sea ice is now well over 10cm so they can't get at the weed, and the poor birds struggle to find a rape field where the wind has blown away enough snow for them to forage.

Posted

thank you for the information ,i was looking around and couldn't find the information ,

i hope they are ok