Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sc With M Fish And Other Weather Holiday Ideas

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Would be very interested in a wintry holiday for a bit of variety.

Lake-effect snow near the great lakes.

Could try scandanavia / central eastern europe for snow closer to home.

Sapporo !

Posted

:drinks::yahoo:

Yep 1 More and then there is no reason why we cant get this sorted for this year :clap:

Will do some costings but rest assured it will be cheaper than the Tornado Alley Tours by some margin.

Very strong possibilities we can also hook up with Susan Strom (Lightning Lady) who is the best Photographer of Lightning from the Desert Monsoon as she lives near Pheonix and I know her quite well, not only can she give us tips on Settings for those Purple Skies but also the history of that State she knows pretty much everything from the Indian Settlements to the Ghost Mining Towns in the Superstition Mountains.

Btw for anyone Interested in Lightning this is a Must See Tour, This will be the trial run tour and we hope to offer these packages every year.

Paul S

Posted

Monsoon Season is typically Late July until Middle of September with probably the peak in August.

It's one of those things where we can either

a, Wait until a Favourable Pattern Looks Likely but Flights to Pheonix Sky Harbour will be dearer

or

b, Bite the bullet for a 10 day Period with Cheaper Flights but run the risk of an unfavourable Pattern.

1 to look into along with the costs involved, the concept is pretty much the Same with using the Barons and GPS To find the Storms and using 1 Base Hotel in Pheonix.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Lol

You are already one of the two Clare ya Nutter :whistling:

Thnx Mate Your a Good Man!

ooopps ! looks like I got over excited again..........crazy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Im Definitely interested in the idea, id just need to know a rough price and date :)

I have done the numbers for this but with regards to dates we have 2 options, leave it until 7 days before knowing that the Pattern is going to be great, you will need to be able to get 12 days off within 1 weeks notice for this, or to plump for a slot in the Middle of the Monsoon Season (Typically Mid to Late August) and hope a Hurricane does not affect you like it did for me in 2008 :wallbash: :lol:

Strangely when I just ran some enquiries with BA From LHR-PHX The later you book the MUCH Cheaper it becomes :fool: :blink: Go Figure that one, and by a good few hundred quid as well. I ran some random dates in August and it showed £600 to £700 but when I ran 10th Feb to 21st Feb it showed £464

Price wise Like I said before much cheaper than Tornado Chasing by 25% so looking at £1,275 for 10 days Monsoon/Lightning/Haboob Chasing and 11 nights accomodation.

Any Q's just Pm me

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

I understand the thinking of leaving it late, but I'm not sure my boss would go 4 it, our workshop books at least two weeks in advance for each technician but I'll sound him out 2morro, see what he says

Posted

Craig

2 weeks should be fine to get an idea of an active pattern as well, as long as it is about 10-14 days then we have a good idea, any longer then it could start to become guess work, the Monsoon is pretty reliable but would soooo love to have at least 6 or 7 days of amazing Lightning I think we would all agree to that

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Mesoscale here just with a name change so not +1 person haha!

from the 18th August to the 5th September my parents and family have just booked a family reunion in florida. Family from Italy and Pittsburgh, USA will be there so I cannot go between those dates as I haven't seen them in over 10 years and 20th sept+ I start university.

anywhere up to the 16th august im up for it maybe later if the weather isn't playing ball or what have you.

Edited by MisguidedPromotions

• 1 month later...
Posted

hi all

i have just left a pm with paul s

about monsoon chase in july -aug i am available to go.

this will make up for having to miss this years stormchasing season in may-june although i can only get time off in august becasuse too many pepole off at work in july

i do hope the cost of the flights drop just checked on kayak for prices the cheapest is approx £720.

now i can go into semi ramping mode.

bring on thoose cg's and anvil crawlers.

paul h

the storm fisherman