Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Flash Player

Posted

Our computer had a virus a few weeks ago and was restored by the technician at my fiance's school, however since we had it back at the end of last week we are unable to view any videos and also, for me, some charts pages on the BBC Weather website.

Each section of a website where videos etc are available for playing tells us that we don't have the latest flash player installed with a clickable link giving the option to download the latest version of the free Adobe flash player.

I have tried to install it several times but it doesn't seem to have been successful and we still get the same message(s) as before.

A friend on a local forum provided a direct link to the download but I have tried installing it several times from that link. It goes through the installation process properly and says 'Installation Complete' but to no avail. I have tried restarting the computer after to see if that's needed!

Does anyone have any advice please? Are other trustworthy flash players available?

Thank you :) .

Posted

Our computer had a virus a few weeks ago and was restored by the technician at my fiance's school, however since we had it back at the end of last week we are unable to view any videos and also, for me, some charts pages on the BBC Weather website.

Each section of a website where videos etc are available for playing tells us that we don't have the latest flash player installed with a clickable link giving the option to download the latest version of the free Adobe flash player.

I have tried to install it several times but it doesn't seem to have been successful and we still get the same message(s) as before.

A friend on a local forum provided a direct link to the download but I have tried installing it several times from that link. It goes through the installation process properly and says 'Installation Complete' but to no avail. I have tried restarting the computer after to see if that's needed!

Does anyone have any advice please? Are other trustworthy flash players available?

Thank you :) .

Hi Andy, when I had a similar problem with Flash player, it was because the previous version hadn't been uninstalled fully. I believe there's a tool available to remove it

Brian :)

Posted

Hate FlashPlayer! Damned thing is always updating. Used to be you had to uninstall Flash AND Java, then reinstall the latest versions of both. Total pain just to get bombed with a load of useless adds. You would think after all the practice they've had they could issue at least one stable version :nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Hate FlashPlayer! Damned thing is always updating. Used to be you had to uninstall Flash AND Java, then reinstall the latest versions of both. Total pain just to get bombed with a load of useless adds. You would think after all the practice they've had they could issue at least one stable version :nonono:

Buy a decent router and it will filter out the ad's for you without any additional add plugins. Also reduces the chances of getting infected when ad companies get hacked.

Still I got one pc where flash player removes itself from firefox as soon as I reboot. Can't fix that one.