Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted

Really interested in what may happen late tomorrow afternoon into the evening.

Some of my best storms have come after warm/hot/humid and sunny days with cloud increasing from the S/SW from

around mid afternoon onwards with storms developing to the S/SW and affecting Wiltshire from around 17.00 to 22.00!

There will be a lot of heating taking place tomorrow with widespread sunshine until that mid afternoon time, whether

the cloud increase from the S/SW will develop into a thundery outcome is yet to be seen!

I'd expect tomorrow morning to have scattered AltCas quite widely across the country along with plenty of clear sky.

Hopefully any storms which do move up from the S/SW will be mid-high based and therefore more likely to 1. survive their

trip across the English Channel and 2. be quite likely to develop once said cloud moves onto the South coast around Dorset

and Hampshire etc.

(I am however also awaiting the usual posts on here moaning about no convection when the time is only mid pm and the

best time for storms to develop is yet to arrive!)

Posted

Gone quite dull here in Brownhills, grey over towards Bloxwich and Willenhall, wind has picked up a little bit too. I do love weather like this, will it? Wont it?

Over here in Bilston it's a little humid. I don't fancy our chances tbh... I just don't feel it! (Not that I know anything...pmsl)

Posted

Hi all, going to be locking this thread in a minute, then opening up 2 new threads - one for general upcoming (and ongoing when they arrive) storm discussion and chat, and one for more detailed forecasts.

Will post links up to both when they're online.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Newcastle's only relatively reliable source of thunderstorms is from an unstable W/SW wind, so Sunday - Tuesday has plenty of potential up here. On Saturday especially there should be thundery showers / rain around, but an onshore wind in the east could kill them off.

Posted

Locking this one now, with new threads open here:

General storm discussion and chat:

Detailed forecasts and discussion: