Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

Torrential rain again and thunder nearer, though to the SW.

You're in the thick of it. No more thunder and rain stopped here!

Posted

That cell that suddenly formed to my south east has either moved out of range or lost its electrification as everything has gone quiet again, felt like a surprise pulse storm which it may well have been. I can see more anvil heads to my direct south now in the twilight so lets see..

Decided to semi-chase tonight, so arrived back home in Dronfield, S.Yorks as it is a much better position to receive thunder than Scarborough! Things are gonna have to pep up though, currently very muggy, with light rain and an occasional gust of wind (not from me)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Hi everyone, just wondering whether its worth waiting up here in Stafford for anything tonight. Light rain atm, had a heavy pulse about an hour ago or just under, but thats it so far. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Nothing but plain old rain here, and it looks like most of it is much further East than forecast, so much of North West England will miss out for a change. Looks like it's Yorkshire's turn.

But it seems there isn't anything electrical in this band until it passed the Blackpool line. West to East.

Also, like my name change? :p:D