Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Phone Help

Posted

as a bit behind the times regards techno things.i'm neading a new phone be it contract or payg.what should i be looking for regards getting the netweather radar on it?

thanks Peter.

Posted

thanks for that Paul,i'm gunna head into Newcastle and one of them phone shops.

if i explain what i need, i'm hoping they can put me in the right direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

An iPhone does everything.

And I mean... everything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Whilst on the subject of iPhones could i ask is there any likely hood of a Netweather app ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I would choose Android over iPhone unless you plan on using it for games. Personally, I think HTCs are good value, especially as high-end phones like the HTC Desire are coming down in price, and mid-range phones like the HTC Legend (and the upcoming HTC Wildfire S) are good value on contract. I suggest an Android phone over an iPhone as they offer better value for money than iPhones and are superior on the internet - better for the Netweather radar! Generally, contract is better than PAYG if you will want to use it on the internet away from a WiFi network. I presume you will for the Netweather Radar as if you were using your own network at home you would have a computer instead of a phone!

In short I recommend an Android phone on contract, and the prices vary massively depending on which phone you choose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I would choose Android over iPhone unless you plan on using it for games. Personally, I think HTCs are good value, especially as high-end phones like the HTC Desire are coming down in price, and mid-range phones like the HTC Legend (and the upcoming HTC Wildfire S) are good value on contract. I suggest an Android phone over an iPhone as they offer better value for money than iPhones and are superior on the internet - better for the Netweather radar! Generally, contract is better than PAYG if you will want to use it on the internet away from a WiFi network. I presume you will for the Netweather Radar as if you were using your own network at home you would have a computer instead of a phone!

In short I recommend an Android phone on contract, and the prices vary massively depending on which phone you choose.

iPhone is better on the internet. It's much faster than the Android and whilst iPhone may not have shockwave/java built in on Safari there are apps that do that.

Also you can't go wrong on the deal I am on.

iPhone 3gs on three:

£25.00 a month

2500 minutes

5000 texts

unlimited internet

5000 three to three minutes.

I do suggest iPhone over android just simply due to the amount of mods you can do to it. There's no limit to what you can do.

Would just like to add: On the 3G internet whilst out and about, it's as fast as my broadband for browsing. It's only got a 2.0mb/s download speed, but you cannot notice a different between broadband and 3G whilst out and about.

Edited by Funnel

Posted

The problem is of course that iphones are terrible phones (my husband has one and, quite unbelievably, loses signal in the city centre at various spots) and has a crap battery that barely lasts 8 hours.

He describes it as the best gadget he's ever had but the worst phone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Yes, have apps planned for iphone and android currently. No eta yet, but it's on the dev schedule here.

Ok thanks Paul i will look forward to that .

Cheers

BU