Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Reports & Pictures - Chase Day 21

Paul Sherman

Posted

What a great end to tour 2, had already blown off the 5% risk in the jungles and boy was I glad we did. Targeted Central Southern Kansas in the end and had lunch in Pratt. Could see the cold front to our west bubbling away and by the time we came out from lunch at 2pm a few cells had already gone severe 30 miles to our west. Headed west towards Greensburg and sat just west of town, things then became very interesting as the cell we were watching to our south west starting to turn towards the right and was rapidly becoming supercellular. Headed South to watch a wall cloud, and then North and back east towards Pratt to sit underneath the base of the storm, we pulled up by some railway tracks in some serious chaser convergence and watched another wall cloud try to put a tornado down, the breeze was warm and south easterly and the Storm was a very nice looking Classic Supercell. Then headed back North on some dirt roads, then east again :wacko: the next time we stopped the storm was becoming outflow dominant with cold winds rushing out, I knew then it was game over as the shape of the storm become very linear. Played with some more backbuilding cells to the south for the next few hours before calling it an evening for the long sad journey back towards DFW.

post-24-0-33666800-1305958072_thumb.jpg - Under the Base

post-24-0-72244000-1305958086_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-51215300-1305958104_thumb.jpg - Pano as we headed south

Paul S

Posted

Great stuff Paul :D I wish I were there mate because the weather over here isn't particularly exciting atm. You definitely aren't missing anything.