Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

12 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hopefully it will miss us to the left, very close though.

Looking at the radar it's developing on the eastern side too, but no rain here

Looking at the radar it's developing on the eastern side too, but no rain here

Just put postcode into checker and the left hand rain, should miss me, but the right hand cell, may hit.

But incredibly slow moving.

Posted

Just put postcode into checker and the left hand rain, should miss me, but the right hand cell, may hit.

But incredibly slow moving.

Im looking north and the horizon is disappearing with rain it looks scary black too, just hoping for a crack of thunder

Got quite an intense squall coming through, no thunder yet

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Looks big enough to affect the whole of Swansea to me.

Meanwhile in the cooler air just 16c here and brightening up after a trace of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its very slowly going dark from my west, looks stormy though no thunder from it! Shame really, could do with some thunder and lightning as haven't had any proper thunder or lightning here that I have been able to view :(

Posted

Its very slowly going dark from my west, looks stormy though no thunder from it! Shame really, could do with some thunder and lightning as haven't had any proper thunder or lightning here that I have been able to view :(

Really wanted a storm today! Felt humid yesterday and today...just boring rain, bit of a gust before the rain arrived...nothing exciting though! Rain has stopped here, even though radar says its still moderate rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Really wanted a storm today! Felt humid yesterday and today...just boring rain, bit of a gust before the rain arrived...nothing exciting though! Rain has stopped here, even though radar says its still moderate rain.

Yeah I know, it seems apart from that period in May, we have had hardly any storms here :(

The darkest of the cloud is not going to the south of me, doubt much will happen now!

Posted

Went very dark here earlier this evening and heard 3 rumbles of thunder between 5:50 - 6:20pm, followed by moderate rain since then. Quite surprised actually, I wasn't expecting much from today even though the BBC had a thunder symbol over SW Wales last night, as it has been overcast all day. Good forecast from Nick F!

Looking at the radar I think only our area and a small area in western Scotland have had any rain at all today...

Posted

We had a 'almost' shower here in the Pennines today, another hour of nocturnal heating and I reckon we would have had something sparking off but alas it wasn't to be. Glad to see there's some action to be watching out for on the Radar/Satellite tonight however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

http://www.viewsurf.com/vue-126-Clermont_Ferrand_-_Place_de_Jaude.html

For anyone storm starved tonight, here's some great action from central France