Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

21st July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion & Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looks like just accross the channel is doing to badly

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/sf_na_1d.gif?

:girl_devil:::girl_devil:

That's hardly surprising is it :cray:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Torrential downpour recently, looked worse on the radar just SE of here, no thunder.

According to the accumulation feature, over 30mm has fallen today in the Lampeter area, only 8mm here.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Just had the most unlucky miss possible, a slow moving torrential downpour developed literally a mile if that to my south, and back-built there. Even if there's no thunder I like a good downpour and it's been a while since I've seen one..

Some interesting cloud features passed over, dropped a few isolated drops of rain, then deluged just south of here. It looks rather dark that way now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Well no storms today nor yesterday but i am giving mother nature a break. I spent last night and most of today in hospital with what i thought was a heart attack. Lady luck helped me out and my ECG was fine still had to have the medication just in case (asprin and some injection in the stomach) 6 blood tests and finally got home at 6pm today. Feel drained but feel so lucky.

Posted

hi guysss..just wanted to share with you the funnel cloud over whitchurch, hampshire my friend Richard Long caught on his phone on the evening of the 19th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had 5.1mm of rain in the last hour, 7.5 in total today from moderate and at times heavy snowers! Looks like more to come aswell!!

hi guysss..just wanted to share with you the funnel cloud over whitchurch, hampshire my friend Richard Long caught on his phone on the evening of the 19th

Would love to see something like that in person, never see a funnel cloud before :(

Posted

^^no tell me about it..before he took the video he tried ringing me 3 times to stick my head out the window and my phone was on silent:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Nice capture. Thank "Spoonybum" from all of us here on the forums won't you rofl

:rofl:

Posted

lo folks,

nice to know someones getting some interesting weather this year ^^

The partner and i had some free time this afternoon so decided to take our first 'storm chase'. There was a pretty heavy shower coming in on the radar so we went and got in it : ) saying that we sat in it as we jumped straight into a traffic jam lol

Radar pic shows our shower, pic 1 is of the approaching storm and pic 2 is from 'Ham Hill' overlooking South Somerset and our shower running off down the A303, fun times

cheers

post-15403-0-63713200-1311285675_thumb.j

post-15403-0-92149000-1311285702_thumb.j

post-15403-0-32516700-1311285741_thumb.j