Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

8th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Report

Posted

Its absolutely belting it down here now with occasional thunder.

Current rainrate is 75mm/hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Amazing line of showers/thunderstorms has developed across Yorkshire NWwards. This is slowly moving SE and we have been having V heavy rain for the last 50 minutes with occassional thunder. This is overhead now with IC and CG lightning visible and thunder every minute or so. Rain is relentless and will cause localised flooding.

Will have to add another thunder day to my signature line..........done!

post-7346-0-98568000-1312817813_thumb.jp

Edited by Muffelchen

Posted

Amazing line of showers/thunderstorms has developed across Yorkshire NWwards. This is slowly moving SE and we have been having V heavy rain for the last 50 minutes with occassional thunder. This is overhead now with IC and CG lightning visible and thunder every minute or so. Rain is relentless and will cause localised flooding.

Will have to add another thunder day to my signature line..........done!

All that is currently running roughly parallel along a line between your location and here, there could be some quite high rain totals at this rate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

East Yorkshire stealing the lot again I see wink.gif

Edited by aaron

Posted

East Yorkshire stealing the lot again I see wink.gif

Certainly not this side of East Yorkshire! While the Goole area had those floods last week we got 0.2mm and only one day has had more than 10mm of rain in total this year!

Today should sort that however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

All that is currently running roughly parallel along a line between your location and here, there could be some quite high rain totals at this rate!

Yep, there will be some surface flooding here and there. The line was amazing about an hour and a half ago: we were just to the south of it but then there was a kink which took it over us. It is running parallel to the 500mb winds so, if you have it over you, it will stay for a while.

Has moved a little to the south of here at the mo but there is another kink northwards coming now I think. It has just started thundering again in the last five minutes - second storm of the day.

As to E Yorks stealing all the thunder, we have had no really good storms and I was intending to go camping in the Yorkshire Dales this week - this is on hold at the moment and looks like this is going to remain the case at least till the weekend.

Every storm has a rough lining :closedeyes:

Lightning and thunder now seen: distance 1.5 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

3 days of storms in just under a week for me, had to travel 20 miles east today as York just missed out, but the joys of having a car and NW radar on my iphone. Saw some great CG and extremely loud thunder. Torrential rain had turned most roads into rivers. Big bonus as i didn't expect anything today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

I can see the storm to my south, I think I saw a very faint flash of lightning, but unsure though. Is anyone south of Hartlepool having any thunder?

Posted

Certainly not this side of East Yorkshire! While the Goole area had those floods last week we got 0.2mm and only one day has had more than 10mm of rain in total this year!

Today should sort that however.

The heavy rain continues around your area :o The rainfall totals will be interesting thats for sure.Only a brief heavy shower here earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Just odd showers up here, not seen lightning or heard thunder

Posted

The heavy rain continues around your area :o The rainfall totals will be interesting thats for sure.Only a brief heavy shower here earlier.

Indeed, we've had 21.2mm so far which makes it the wettest day since 13th December 2008.

Posted

Spotted dark clouds around my area all evening but seen no rain nor heard rumbles :wallbash: