Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Arizona Desert Monsoon Chase 2012 - Dates & Booking Offer!

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Guys we finally have the Dates and whats on offer for the Arizona Desert Monsoon Chase next year. 2011 was a tester year and I think it was safe to say this will become a permanant feature of the Netweather Stormchase Calender.

The places to see and visit in Arizona is incredible let alone the Storms, Haboobs and Lightning that are on offer. Mountain ranges upto 12,000ft above Sea Level, Volcanoes, Deserts, 7 Life Zones, The Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Tombstone, Flagstaff and Sedona are just a few of the places.

Now for the Details and what's on offer for next year before finally leaving you with just 4 or 5 Images from the 2011 Chase which saw 12 out of 12 days with Lightning (13 If you Include the Pilot dodging between the T-Storms at 37,000ft on the Homeward Leg)

The Trip will be Split into 2 Tours with the first trip being based out of Phoenix and basing ourselves in Scottsdale, this is a very central location, easy to get to Tucson in the South, Flagstaff in the North and The White Mouintains to the East and also a stones throw from Sky Harbor Airport which is located literally 2 Miles from Downtown Phoenix.

We are also quite open to the Possibility of running Mini 5 Day Tours within this 10 day Tour Period whilst based in Phoenix. For more info on this please enquire with Paul or Ian @ Netweather HQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tour 1 - Based in (Scottsdale) Phoenix

Travel Day will be Friday 10th August 2012

First Chase Day will be Saturday 11th August 2012

Last Chase Day will be Monday 20th August 2012

Travel Home Day will be Tuesday 21st August 2012

The Price for Tour 1 will be £1,500 for the 10 day trip and a 10% Discount for Returning Tornado or Arizona Tour Participants will also be offered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd Tour will be based in Sedona at The Sky Ranch Lodge - The Cost of this trip will be a little more due to the more exclusive nature of this Hotel, so if no chasing is available just relax or troop into Sedona at the bottom of your very own Sky Island.

http://www.skyranchlodge.com/

Tour 2 - Based in Sedona

Travel Day will be Tuesday 21st August 2012

First Chase Day will be Wednesday 22nd August 2012

Last Chase Day will be Friday 31st August 2012

Travel Home Day will be Saturday 1st September 2012

The Price for Tour 2 will be £1,995 for the 10 day trip and a 10% Discount for Returning Tornado or Arizona Tour Participants will also be offered.

Finally some Pictures from the 2011 Arizona Chase Trip.

post-24-0-02667000-1315234163_thumb.jpg - Cg Lightning near Tucson

post-24-0-87939700-1315234407_thumb.jpg - Desert Sunset Lightning near Casa Grande

post-24-0-87210400-1315234456_thumb.jpg - Large Dust Devil near Maricopa

post-24-0-54977700-1315234483_thumb.jpg - Haboob Marching towards Phoenix

post-24-0-88474800-1315234535_thumb.jpg - Storm near the Grand Canyon

post-24-0-07432400-1315235010_thumb.jpg - Storm near Mount Lemmon

Posted

Signed up for tour two, best start saving. good.gif

Dave

That Hotel is amazing, the Milky Way Shots this year were taken from about 100 yds away from this Hotel, it sits 1 Mile above Sedona with zero Light Pollution and if we get a Storm rolling down that Valley then you can sit on your balcony and charge yer batteries as you fill up on the Lightning Pics. Temperatures are also very nice with the Daytime High around 90f and Night-Time Temps around 70f.

Btw you are going to do some serious damage with that Camera of yours good.gif

Hotel even has it's own Bar on Site! And Sedona has some of the best eateries in Arizona.

See you there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

anyone got any good tips on how to rob a bank and get away with it?

Maybe you could sell your body? Must not be much competition on Lewis?? :)

Posted

Maybe you could sell your body? Must not be much competition on Lewis?? smile.png

My body is built like a God...if God was short and overweight

Posted

My body is built like a God...if God was short and overweight

Lol - You sound like a Replica of Me!

Posted

My body is built like a God.

So is mine - Buddha.... doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'll be over in Oklahoma at this time...I will also have a car...might tag along :D

Posted

I'll be over in Oklahoma at this time...I will also have a car...might tag along biggrin.png

Lol Nick

As with the Tornado Chasing, if you want to tag along then you will have to stump up the cash, No GPS In either the Arizona or Tornado Chasing next year means if you aint paid yer cash then you aint tagging along, as it really is not fair to the paying customers or to Paul who is trying to run this as a business.

There is nothing stopping you doing it on your own of course, it is a free country like the Uk after all.

Regards

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Lol Nick

As with the Tornado Chasing, if you want to tag along then you will have to stump up the cash, No GPS In either the Arizona or Tornado Chasing next year means if you aint paid yer cash then you aint tagging along, as it really is not fair to the paying customers or to Paul who is trying to run this as a business.

There is nothing stopping you doing it on your own of course, it is a free country like the Uk after all.

Regards

Paul S

You might have a stormchase stalker next year then! :)

Posted

You might have a stormchase stalker next year then! smile.png

It happens sometimes especially on High Risk days, everytime you stop to shoot pictures about 3 or 4 cars pull up and pull away, I usually P**s them off by driving about 40 miles and then driving back the way I came, happened this year in late May, drove towards Tulsa when the Storms were dying out and then turned around and drove back to the point I was in the first place, the 3 cars full of drivers looked pretty peeved and having done 80 miles of Petrol were pretty hacked off.

I also dont want the responsibility of worrying about someone else driving in pretty disgraceful conditions (Often not being able to see off your bonnet when in RFD) Or Zero Visibility during Dust Storms. We have chosen our drivers very carefully who have nearly 12 years driving experience in the States!

I am sure Nick will make friends with quite a few Undergraduates who will buddy up and chase with him anyways.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Lol Nick

Regards

Paul S

Yeah I understand that, it was only a tongue in cheek comment anyway! If I can scrape the cash together I might join. But I'll have ample opportunity to do storm chasing of my own :)

Posted

Yeah I understand that, it was only a tongue in cheek comment anyway! If I can scrape the cash together I might join. But I'll have ample opportunity to do storm chasing of my own smile.png

Yep there will be loads of guys in the same situation as you, when you have no lessons or free days you will find car loads of 4 people going out usually no further afield than Kansas or Western Oklahoma/Texas Panhandle and getting back to the dorms by Sunset. It will be us who will be jealous in the early Season and Late Set-Ups when you guys get the chasing.

Point of Interest if 4 of you do attempt the Arizona thing, it is about 1,050 Miles to Phoenix from OK City (2 Day Drive) and we did about 3,200 Miles in 10 days this year so budget for about 5000 - 6000 Miles of Petrol, but splitting it 4 ways will be much more cost effective good.gif

Posted

Any news if the direct debits have been set up Paul? Really want to come and get this set up ASAP. Gonna pay off tour 4 at the end of September as I get a nice bonus for completing my first year of teaching. Wondering if i'm able to pencil in a place but not actually start the payments until next month? Suppose it's worth giving the office a call and fingers x'd I will get a 10% discount!

Posted

Hi Lewis

Paul is of the understanding you are conversing with his brother Ian on this matter and have swapped a few Emails ?? Can you confirm this or If not I can get a message to Ian via Facebook or on his Personal Email for you.

Posted

Hi Lewis

Paul is of the understanding you are conversing with his brother Ian on this matter and have swapped a few Emails ?? Can you confirm this or If not I can get a message to Ian via Facebook or on his Personal Email for you.

Yes got email today. Will ring him up. Thanks Paul

Posted

Sorry Paul, confusing all of the team here lol! Got messages from Ian and he is setting up payments to start from October. That's my place booked good.gif

Can't bloody wait.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Would absolutely love to do this, and unless I win big, I won't be able to go until 2013 at the very earliest!

Full time college eats my money making opportunities. :lol:

Out of interest if I do win some money, are flights and accommodation included in the £1500 fee?

Posted

Would absolutely love to do this, and unless I win big, I won't be able to go until 2013 at the very earliest!

Full time college eats my money making opportunities. :lol:

Out of interest if I do win some money, are flights and accommodation included in the £1500 fee?

Accommodation YES.

Flights, unless you you manage to sweet talk the Sherman and hide in is suitcase, are yours for the joy.

Travel in style enjoy the trip and spend 5grand on a BA first class ticket, you'll love every glassful :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Accommodation YES.

Flights, unless you you manage to sweet talk the Sherman and hide in is suitcase, are yours for the joy.

Travel in style enjoy the trip and spend 5grand on a BA first class ticket, you'll love every glassful :drinks:

Thanks Dorset :)

I don't think sweet talking Paul will have much effect with the price of plane tickets at the minute :lol:

5 grand?! Never had that much in my life, out of the question haha.