Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Ideal Winter's Day

Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hi guys, I made this thread last year too, so I thought why not do it again.

Obviously since then I have changed my ideal day and I hope many of you have too!

Mine would be:

Snuggled up with my girlfriend with a cup of hot chocolate watching the snow fall gently past the window with a roaring fire and something good on the TV!

Yours?

Edited by Backtrack

After a goodly dumping of dry snow blown into deep drifts the previous day the night cools to -12C, then dawn comes with a clear blue champagne sky where you see for miles and miles and miles. The branches of the trees are adorned with fresh snow with small bits falling off every often when disturbed by birds or a very light wind.

The countryside has been sculptured by snow drifts into all sorts of wondrous shapes. As the day moves on some snow on the roofs melts through the heat of the sun readily forming icicles in the temperatures which are still -5C.

You go for a walk and despite the low temperature you feel warm just wearing a sweater - your dog is overjoyed and delights bounding through the deep snow.

Then when darkness falls you curl up in front of a roaring log fire with a glass of mulled wine and the love of your life.

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Snow, cold, probably a bit overcast.

Simples!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

After a goodly dumping of dry snow blown into deep drifts the previous day the night cools to -12C, then dawn comes with a clear blue champagne sky where you see for miles and miles and miles. The branches of the trees are adorned with fresh snow with small bits falling off every often when disturbed by birds or a very light wind.

The countryside has been sculptured by snow drifts into all sorts of wondrous shapes. As the day moves on some snow on the roofs melts through the heat of the sun readily forming icicles in the temperatures which are still -5C.

You go for a walk and despite the low temperature you feel warm just wearing a sweater - your dog is overjoyed and delights bounding through the deep snow.

Then when darkness falls you curl up in front of a roaring log fire with a glass of mulled wine and the love of your life.

What a lovely piece of description. Particularly loved the way you talk about snow shaping the landscape. You almost feel like you're their. :O

Mine would probably be waking up to a deep grey blurrey sky, which strengthens as I get ready to tuck into a warm meal. Then, snow would begin to break free from the greyish-white blanket in the sky steadily getting heavyier as I watch the snowflakes race past each other before landing on the ground. Wrapping up warm, I would go on a walk out in it, and a few centimeters of snow would have already piled on the ground. The snow would continue to fall steadily and thickly. But... Snowflakes would gradually get smaller and less frequent, and by the time it gets to 4pm, the snowfall would have cleared to clear blue sky with a notable drop in temperatures allowing a frost to form on top of it. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

This is why I live winter more than any other season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Constant heavy snow all day bringing significant accumulations and rather windy.

yeah and mine, and being on netweather as its dead exciting when its snowing, although often too damn slow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Sitting at home on christmas morning while veryone is asleep in a nice warm house with a mug of hot chocolate in my hand, big 50P snowflakes falling from the sky, a rumble of thunder, you go outside in the falling snow and silence is all around you, the best sound of winter

Posted

Walking round the farm on an afternoon in bright sunshine with a couple of inches of snow on the frozen ground a moderate to fresh northerly breeze with the temperature about -1c and several large snow showers to the north with their grey and yellow colours contrasting with the bright blue sky with the promise of more snow to come

What a lovely piece of description. Particularly loved the way you talk about snow shaping the landscape. You almost feel like you're their. :o

Thanks for the compliment - I sometimes get my moments, though not that often :D

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Last xmas eve and xmas day were the perfect winter days for me, a thick blanket of powder snow,crystal clear blue skies and the temps remaining sub zero. Perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Last xmas eve and xmas day were the perfect winter days for me, a thick blanket of powder snow,crystal clear blue skies and the temps remaining sub zero. Perfect.

have to agree with you sundog.

last xmas eve and day were the perfect set up with clear blue skies, thick blanket of snow and sub-zero temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

A Bartlett high

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Sunny intervals and heavy snow showers with towering cumulonimbus cells, at least 3 inches of (largely uncompacted) snow cover, and a couple of bouts of thundersnow thrown in. Maximum temperature within a couple of degrees of freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Some great ideas here to look out for.

Keep 'em coming!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

Heavy snow showers / persistent snow in the early hours leaving a good few inches of snow. By day break clearing skies, a few light snow flurries and a gentle cold breeze that blows lazy flakes of snow in the air. By lunch time much more settled and crystal clear deep blue skies that last until the early evening. Then a misty dusk producing a stunning sunset and a good dose of fog late in the evening and over night..

WV

Posted

A day of freezing temperatures and constant heavy snow showers blowing in from the east/North east. As the evening approaches the show showers would merge and get heavier leaving a good foot by the morning with drifts even deeper. Pretty much how 30th November 2010 started and ended.