Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Unresolved Questions..appreciate Any More Thoughts

Bodhi

Posted

1) Coriolis: I have worked out from first principles the varying centripetal accelerations at different latitudes plus the rotation speeds at those latitudes. I have included gravitational forces and friction. I am still at a loss to see why the Coriolis Effect is supposed to be dependent on the "air packet" (PGF induced) speed or projectile speed and varies with that......No-one has taken me up on this yet and I really would like to understand this so any help is appreciated.

2) Veering and backing when applied to a low pressure system. The isobars seem, to me, to all appear to be completely anticlockwise. I see nothing to indicate a wind that veers even though a meteorology book I have says that they do veer and back. Any thoughts please?

3) The Jet Stream tutorial is very good, thank you, but how does the rising or falling Cell winds cause the air to form a jet stream in the first place.

4) High winds and low winds...One of my books says that the main winds blow the weather systems along and that these can be seen by viewing the winds at cirrus and alto levels. When this isn't a jet stream wind is this the manifestation of the Ferrell SWesterlies? If so then how come every so often I see a high level wind that seems to be a SEasterly?

5) The NASA image that shows the Ferrell Cell to not be the neat intermediary Cell the textbooks proclaim. I also found a meteorology link that said the same thing but have lost the webpage. Any knowledge of this would be helpful, thanks.

I appreciate any assistance, cheers.

All the best

Rich

Posted

1) Coriolis: I have worked out from first principles the varying centripetal accelerations at different latitudes plus the rotation speeds at those latitudes. I have included gravitational forces and friction. I am still at a loss to see why the Coriolis Effect is supposed to be dependent on the "air packet" (PGF induced) speed or projectile speed and varies with that......No-one has taken me up on this yet and I really would like to understand this so any help is appreciated.

I appreciate any assistance, cheers.

All the best

Rich

A new answer is added to this question in the original thread.

ffO.