Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Net Weather Status Updates

Posted

Sorry to be a moaning minnie, but is there any way that we can just view Net Weather member status updates, rather than facebook/twitter updates?

I just don't get the point of the status update section on the site when its mostly strangers facebook updates. unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I was thinking exactly the same! The reason I never synced my Facebook account to NW is that I would drive everyone up the wall...plus the swear filter may go into overdrive on matchdays!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes I totally agree. It just doesnt follow with the rest of the forum where some updates have completely no relevance to the forum. How many times am I seeing the words Lettuceing, Onionse, Left trouser legging etc. :lol:

Posted

The thing with the status import is that you do need to be logging in regularly for it to continue to work (eg someone can't just join, link up fb or twitter then never come back but still have their status updating on it's own), so all the updates are from active members of the community.

Admittedly, some are a bit bizarre and some are out of context but others are fine and have had plenty of responses so it's not as simple as just stopping imported status updates as that would in many cases take away a very positive contribution to the status system as a whole.