Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms 13th to 16th December 2011 - Part 4

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Its wicked, you can watch as the snow spreads in and starts to fall..As we all know how much we ALL..Including adults love snow ;)

I've been interested in the weather ever since I can remember. I'm 18 now and the snow just gets me excited all the time, even if it doesn't settle, it's magical to see, particularly around the the xmas period!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been interested in the weather ever since I can remember. I'm 18 now and the snow just gets me excited all the time, even if it doesn't settle, it's magical to see, particularly around the the xmas period!

Well I reckon..Looking at this reported temps we might be in for a surprise!!!!

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/quick?obsType=snow looks like the met want a slice of the action..

Posted

Dropped from 6c - 4c here in Luton in the past hour, not to far of the mark now, similar temps all over England right now & dropping, looks like the showers are on a North East tracking,

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

That cloud is rather rather large too alot of potential for a good few CM tonight, especially over the downs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windstorm, Thunderstorm, Heavy Squally, Blustery Winds

All the models are just predicted to rumor the storms are so changeable threads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp of 5.2C here with light rain, need the cold air to dig in and get those temps down here!! Looking not bad for a fair few areas tonight though!

Posted

Well I reckon..Looking at this reported temps we might be in for a surprise!!!!

http://wow.metoffice...ck?obsType=snow looks like the met want a slice of the action..

Yep, 2.9C now. Metcheck have 2C for between 6-9pm which is just right! This is exciting stuff :w00t:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well a week ago this storm was shaping up to be a real beast with 100mph gusts over northern and central areas! Now it's turned into a potential snow event for some and a damp squib for others!

Latest from the stations and their changes over the past hour,

Wind Speed: 36mph +3mph

Pressure: 1015mb -1mb

Wind Speed: 23mph to 30mph -14mph

Pressure: 1001mb

Wind Speed: 21mph -19mph

Pressure: 1004mb no change

Wind Speed: 22mph -9mph

Pressure: 1001mb -3mb

Wind Speed: 29mph -2mph

Pressure: 1003mb -4mb

Posted

Goodnight Jean, perhaps you can give us some weather reports from France tomorrow evening? :)

Will do that later. Wind should be picking up around ten here probably the time i should be back on here

Posted

Good evening Jean, what wind speeds are you being forecast for later? :)

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I didn't know with the right conditions it can snow at 4 degrees Celsius... Interesting ..Of course you need the right elements..

In fact it has been known to snow at 8C. As long as the upper temperature, the wet bulbs and the dew point are right, temperature isn't a major factor!

Posted

Responding to Liam,

In kilometers up to 100km ( not miles) very close to where i live the greatest southern Paris area ( meaning suburbs ) especially the south ones are more likely to see 100km to 110km gusts even 120km on exposed areas 100 is 62 miles 120 is 75 miles.

Now it is a bit breezy but nothing much and getting a bit warmer i have 7c now and nearing 9c in Paris center. Apparently wind is slowly picking up in the extreme south west of the region ( about 35 miles south west of Paris)

Edited by jean91

Posted

So it's going to get a bit breezy for your location Jean, what time can you expect the worse to hit?

Posted

I tell you what it is much colder than 6 out there now!! And is it me or does it look like that sky wants too snow ;)

Well its dropped to 2.6C and keeps dropping. Just think, the lower it drops, the lower the max will be when the front comes through, meaning it will be colder when the cold air does come through! Agreed, it is definitely feeling cold, and the sky is looking very orangey against the street lights, i cant explain the view!

Posted

Just checked the lastest and Météo France equivalent of Metoffice put the greatest Paris area in Orange alert ( and on the lastest forecast on tv one meteorologist could not exclude higher gusts figures for extreme southern suburbs like 35 to 40 miles south of Paris ( i live 10 miles south of Paris) .

Here is the large band :http://france.meteofrance.com/vigilance/Accueil

Posted

It looks like rain for you guys in the SE at first and then turning more wintry as time goes by with colder air being pulled down on the back of the depression and undercutting the rainfall, the hills are most at risk but lower levels could also receive a covering.

Posted

So it's going to get a bit breezy for your location Jean, what time can you expect the worse to hit?

Midnight and 4 am for the strongest gusts for our area . And good news am not working tomorrow!!!!

Will soon eat and certainly will be back later.

Edited by jean91

Posted

I do wonder, can the forecasters get it wrong and we get a blizzard tonight and rush hour chaos tonight, or just not possible? :D

Blizzards not possible. More snow than forecast is possible.

Posted

Just checked the lastest and Météo France equivalent of Metoffice put the greatest Paris area in Orange alert ( and on the lastest forecast on tv one meteorologist could not exclude higher gusts figures for extreme southern suburbs like 35 to 40 miles south of Paris ( i live 10 miles south of Paris) .

Here is the large band :http://france.meteof...gilance/Accueil

Wow just looked at the symbol key, submersion on the coasts and violent winds inland! I hope you've battened down the hatches, going to be a nasty storm for France!