Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Light rain just started here and have lost site of the two communication towers over Sutton Coldfield way

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Probably won't last at this stage of the evening...

Apparently it has turned back to rain already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The Radar is quite interesting now. The precip towards the South Coast is moving readily East but the precip North of about Bristol continues to steadily move Northwards, around the Low pressure. The hap between the main area and that in NW Wales is also filling in nicely. :)

Posted

Well equiped here with 3 outdoor lights in different places. Although light can already see it has the odd wet small flakes in it, this is very very encouraging. Radar looks perfect. Ah well, we swapped the VW Beetle for a Honda CRV 4x4, so no excuses in the morning.

Want to see some snow to see the look on my 2 year old son!

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oh wow, update: moderate settling snow! that was quick!

Excellent! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Well, that's the girlfriend asleep in bed, I've just snuck downstairs to fire up my PC and see what the latest situation is :rofl: I'm so sad!

Radar reckons it started raining here about 40 mins ago but sod all so far has fallen, the PPN does look a bit further North than I expected though, I thought it would be about 50 miles further South at this point, Temp is currently 3.2c here with a dew of 0.6c. I'm hoping that temp and dew continue downwards and don't creep up at any point, if the moderate to heavy PPN hits us with temps like that I would expect wet snow at least!

Check the NMM or NAE! Not to shabby at all if you ask me..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well at 22.39 it's raining here in northampton...what's new! I think this winter storm is going to be just a storm in a teacup myself. Can I be bothered to stay up in the hope of seeing a few wet flakes of the white stuff?

Posted

Oh wow, update: moderate settling snow! that was quick!

I'm a touch surprised its already snowing that far east, the fact its snowing to the east of the center is a good sign IMO, even if you are at nearly 300M!!

18z NMM is pretty decent as well.

Anyway going to close this thread soon ready for the snow fun!!

Posted

NMM 18z is wrong from the first frame imo! It has everything cleared here very quickly and right now has barely any of the precip that is actually there now. :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hi Crimson! I see you're in Notts - whereabouts? I'm in Long Eaton, very amateur at this but seriously hoping for some snow!!!!!!!

Hi beccaboo! I used to live just outside of the centre of Notts City but now moved 5 miles north to Arnold. My postcode is still NG5 so I didnt bother changin it in my profile. I will bet £1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that the snow will stop at Leicester and not come north enough to Nottingham. Nottingham is the Nemisis of snow :lol:

Posted

Almost certainly snowflakes starting to mix in here already. I'm only at 80m asl, so I'm not surprised Lickey is getting snow. Clent must be as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Really someone give this radar a kick up the butt, it's totally wrong from where i'm sitting.