Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here is a new thread. Will there be snow tonight for S.Scotland, we will have to wait and see!!

We've already had sleet, the snow won't be far behind. NMM looks pretty tasty for some parts, hopefully we'll get a good covering over night as this would set us up nicely for a cold, crisp, crunchy weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I have to go to East Kilbride tomorrow to get my car fixed, it always snows up there :)

Posted

I have to go to East Kilbride tomorrow to get my car fixed, it always snows up there :)

Apart from the other night when snow was forecast and I left the office in EK to horizontal sleet being propelled at me with great intensity on gale force winds! A degree or two lower would've given a genuine blizzard. Seems like reasonable prospects of overnight snow tonight though marginal.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

-0.7 here but off to dundee shortly and certainly dont expect any snow there overnight....then again my xmas day/night out tomorrow which normally delivers.....but thats hopecasting as the computer models say no....good luck to all you borderers and central guys...could b a dumping

Posted

Some very low temperatures across the country right now. How low can it go!

Aboyne: -4.5C

Loch Glascarnoch: -4.3C

Aviemore: -3.2C

-5C will be reached, it's a question of whether -6C, -7C, -8C, -9C or -10C get reached.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

it was sleet here earlier but in the past 20 min it has turned to snaw temp have lowered to 0.7c slush starting to form

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

The showers off the NE Irish coast moving NE are starting to grow.

Shhhhhhhhh...keep it down; they might hear you.... Just pretend they're not there :whistling:

Posted

The showers off the NE Irish coast moving NE are starting to grow.

Just in case you missed it earlier our weather links page....

KiltedWeather (1).html

Ah that's the list of links by Mondy. But where is Mondy? It's 10 day until Christmas!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

oh looks rather tasty! on the radar!!

Edited by snowy owl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

:oops: .... they seem to be moving NE now.... :whistling:

SS do you think I got away with it?

Och, probably just a shower of rain, not paying attention to it.... :winky:

Think I'm suffering from snow withdrawl symptoms - overdosed the last couple of winters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

i'm of the feeling tonight - that - good things come to those who wait - for snow!! :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

i'm of the feeling tonight - that - good things come to those who wait - for snow!! :winky:

Could be a good morning for your location snow-wise http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2011/12/15/basis18/ukuk/prty/11121612_1518.gif

Looks to shift further east as night turns to morning. A few isolated showers making it through to Western Perthshire give me a bit of hope but really the Forth-Clyde will be the northernmost limit of the front in all likelihood (winks to showers moving up from the south and hope they take the hin that they move north).

And having said that, it might well have worked - the NMM is suggesting the front will make it all the way up to Fife by the early hours. Still not absolutely convinced but who knows, it might be worth setting the alarm early to see if our luck's in for once! -1C here, so I don't foresee a marginality issue (unless that occluded front is in fact a warm front in disguise).

http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/ensimages/ens.20111215/12/t850Fife.png

Still too early to rule out a white christmas, probably not blow torch but not extremely cold either.

Posted

You know LS - i think we may just be in for a wee snow surprise tomorrow a.m. Will be up early just to check!.

I think christmas is looking increasingly ok - average maybe - but probably just as well for those travelling on christmas day - thereafter we are all chilling out - so it can snow later!

Posted

Could someone explain to me what conditions are needed for Snow tonight? Its currently 3C here with a dewpoint of 2C but both are falling?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Looking like tomorrow morning may have a winter look about it..

Incoming ...

post-7292-0-55873900-1323988776_thumb.pn

Having done some Xmas shopping ( on here), this is the latest radar pic..

post-7292-0-63519900-1323988800_thumb.jp

Speaking of Xmas, this is kind of like an advent calendar of sorts. The big 2 models count down to Xmas Day.. still displaying some slight and subtle differences in modelling of the PV ..looking increasingly settled though.( Still FI...)

post-7292-0-80009700-1323989176_thumb.gi post-7292-0-06846300-1323989198_thumb.pn

Posted

Anything could happen for Christmas but I'm still going for a white one either from a snowfall from a polar maritime incursion or lying snow from a snowfall a few days earlier. Only time well tell.

Looking to my south, I can see incoming clouds.

Posted

rain here no chance of snow beside the sea very boring lol

Dont rule anything out, the temperature is dropping and I wasnt expecting any wintryness till after 12 anyway.