Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Steve murr quiet tonight, like his posts but wonder if its because he feels the snow wont reach Kent! good sign for midlands then?

0f course most likely out working etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Steve murr quiet tonight, like his posts but wonder if its because he feels the snow wont reach Kent! good sign for midlands then?

0f course most likely out working etc

I have a feeling the cold is just too strong to allow the front to get that far south east surely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

No Internet at the mo apart from mobile iPad so cannot access charts but can anyone tell me hat looks likely here in Stratford? Snow to rain?

Posted

Yep. At the worst (Given it wont be an all rain event which looks very unlikely now) it will be a good period of snow followed by some rain/sleet but given latest trends there is increasing potential and confidence in an all snow event pretty much for about 4-8cm id say. :)

Cheers for that. I hope it stays as snow all the way and we get a good few inches!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

so whats the chances of it snowng in west midlands, shropshire, all day and not turning to rain??

Who knows?! If you want to be optimistic, remember Feb 2007. It was forecast to be a snow-to-rain event on the Saturday, and by the evening the snow had died out and the thaw seemed to be on. Completely against most of the forecasts, the cold pushed back and we had a fair bit more snow on the Sunday. So it can happen, even in this region! Occasionally...

Posted

Credit where it's due to Steve though. Pretty accurate forecast he gave for the country over the weekend for this week.

Heavy snow showers across England on Wednesday. Check.

Heavy snow showers across eastern and southeastern England for today. Check. Heavy snowfall expected tomorrow, again for eastern and southeastern England... from the east. Looking like a check.

Fair play, Steve M.

yeah no dig, legendary poster, normally accurate, but his area Kent may not see much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

so is northampton looking good for saturday/sunday at the moment? looking at the charts it seems to be but the tv forecasts are being very hesitant in saying exactly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

okay fair point, no one can tell at this time. guess we will just have to wait and get what we get come saturday/sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Doesn't mean much at this stage, but the graphics I've just seen on the 8.55 broadcast show snow staying as snow across NW England and the Midlands on Saturday with the snowline seemingly pushed slightly further west.

Posted

The link below has a experimental snow depth, snow risk & precip type (gfs) covering uk and Ireland, hope that helps you out.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Interesting Tweet.

@fergieweather @liamdutton - 8KM model from Metra have Leeds to Birmingham & surrounding counties at greatest risk at the mo with >10cm poss

Saturday Takeaway, good TV, snow falling outside (hopefully), now that is one wintry night in!!!

Posted

The link below has a experimental snow depth, snow risk & precip type (gfs) covering uk and Ireland, hope that helps you out.

http://www.netweathe...tion=snow;sess=

Experimental is right! I have snow cover already according to that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I would love to have one curtain open looking at the lampost and the road outfront of my house with MOTD/The FL show on, cold can of Fosters in one hand...a greasy kebab in the other...whilst the sparkling snow falls torrentially in its inches...I might even have a little curtain dance should Walsall win and their goals are showing whilst the snowfalls..could it get much better?

Ian Fergusson :air_kiss:

Edited by Radders

Posted

Yes, it's probably picked up on the snow across the mountains of Wales (see today's true colour sat images) Exmoor and Bodmin moor have snow still!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I know the 18z run isn't particularly great, but I hope it continues the 12z trend. Just don't want to start seeing downgrades!

Posted

Michael fish forecast not looking very promising, mind you was done before 12Z's, seems like less cold in the west from Sat pm, and next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Argh, it's all looking too perfect 48 hours out and my pessimism is kicking in to try and avoid the disappointments of the last two winters here. Every hour is going so bloody slowly, Saturday feels like a lifetime away and every new run that comes out makes me hold my breath before I take a peek. I am such a saddo, how can someone get so worked up at the thought of snow. Madness!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have to agree with the post above. These kinds of situations are nowcast jobs and generally vary in output right until t6, so it worries me that we're in the perfect situation at t48 - it can kind of only get worse from this point. Here's hoping of a slight shift, say 50 miles west again and we'l be in perfect line for things. Any shift east and the west midlands looks very precarious indeed.

Posted

bbc news channel weather, looked much better, a definite westward shift, with the cold air hanging on over England and Wales, milder air only in ireland

Posted

Michael fish forecast not looking very promising, mind you was done before 12Z's, seems like less cold in the west from Sat pm, and next week

Yeah his forecast is actually based on before any models that came out this morning, and we all know that things have changed there (front stalls, snow for West Midlands etc).