IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

They seem to be showing a complete white-out for the whole of the UK!! Or there is a glitch because I'm just getting a white screen at the moment! :rofl:

Anyway....... very cloudy here now, with a very dark horizon to the west. Temperature still at 1.7c with DP at -1c. I expect to see something within the hour now, judging by the radars.

I also only get the white screen! Made me laugh when it said this was a one hour trial, If you like what you see sign up. no thanks. Now I can't even see what will arrive or when.

Posted

Chanlk and cheese. Having left the balmy rainy coastline only 30 minutes ago I arrived at the sprawling metropollis of Piddlehinton and, well, it's snow. Grainy stuff but heavy and settling on the track outside.

Looking outside the marks I made whilst executing an attempted 'handbrake turn' upon arrival (I know... grow up) are already covering over fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

I also only get the white screen! Made me laugh when it said this was a one hour trial, If you like what you see sign up. no thanks. Now I can't even see what will arrive or when.

It's up for me now :acute:

Posted

well well only 1.5c here now and precip approaching on NW radar, could we have snow seems likely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
Looking outside the marks I made whilst executing an attempted 'handbrake turn' upon arrival (I know... grow up) are already covering over fast.

Nah, growing up is optional so don't lol :)

Not much happening down here, temp is slowly dropping, now 3.5c (windchill 2.2), humidity 67%, pressure 1077.6 (and dropping), dewpoint -2.0 & sky is that bright greyish-white colour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

well well only 1.5c here now and precip approaching on NW radar, could we have snow seems likely?

at the dew point being -2c seems likely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

It's up for me now :acute:

nothing falling from the sky here in havant.

So portsmouth are own there own with the rain.

Marginal but brighton and beyond and petersfield north will do well. (;

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Air temp here in Soton peaked at +2.0 and has just started falling again. DP -4.4C. Yep, the clouds do look that yellowy-pinky colour which is a sure sign.

Heading into town as soon as Italy-France has finished. I sure hope it does bloody snow, because I'm going out in my festy wellies and a snood, prepared for snowball fights with the students :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Temperature here in Alton is now 2.8C. Quite surprised it is so high seeing some coastal locations (e.g. Bognor is only 1.7C). Wind has increased - may be the reason.

Cloudy now - radar shows sleet creeping over Winchester area. I think this will be a close call - could be

that the wind will switch around to N-NE later and temperatures will fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

nothing falling from the sky here in havant.

So portsmouth are own there own with the rain.

Marginal but brighton and beyond and petersfield north will do well. (;

I like the sound of that :good:

Posted

Guys Guys!! Don't you think if its only 1 hour at a time we should take it in turns to have it up for an hour? And then whe nyou have run out someone else have it up? And post screenies :-D That way we all get to see. Otherwise when we all run out its a bit late LOL. I opened up for 2 mins and have now closed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Guys Guys!! Don't you think if its only 1 hour at a time we should take it in turns to have it up for an hour? And then whe nyou have run out someone else have it up? And post screenies :-D That way we all get to see. Otherwise when we all run out its a bit late LOL. I opened up for 2 mins and have now closed it.

??????????????????? and in ENGLISH, that was?

Posted

LOL!! The raintoday website for the snow. Did I read it right that it only allows 1 hour viewing? If not ignore me and i'll crawl back under the bed ...

Posted

i think its free for one hr (as of a designated time) so if you open it up in an hr it will have gone back to the standard radar :0)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

I can only see a total whiteout on raintoday :(

In the meantime, still dry here in Reading - the temperature's currently 2.0 after a maximum of 2.7 and the dewpoint's dropping.

Temperature is 1.3C and DP is -2.6C here. It's dry here too.