Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Nothing here in Poole not even rain. temp. 2.9 dewpoint .7 wind almost direct from south. Getting nothing expecting nothing. Another big non event.

Don't count your chickens.

Rain in southampton as forcast not exspecting any change gona be a wet night.

possibly.

Posted
Patience Beka. Patience. It will stall at Chilbolton Avenue. (local joke)

Hehehhee!! I'm in Harestock so that's fine by me!! Funny you say that I told hubby its snowing in Chilbolton and he said what the avenue? He is a donut sometimes ;-) I'm looking out every 5 mins now lol. Like a kiddy in a sweetshop. Me and Southampton are in the gap on the 4pm radar lol. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Might as well open up this wine and beer I got today for being snowed in. Red, Rose or While anyone?

Posted

Chanlk and cheese. Having left the balmy rainy coastline only 30 minutes ago I arrived at the sprawling metropollis of Piddlehinton and, well, it's snow. Grainy stuff but heavy and settling on the track outside.

Looking outside the marks I made whilst executing an attempted 'handbrake turn' upon arrival (I know... grow up) are already covering over fast.

Having just gone out in the car I can report that it is in fact sleet falling in Weymouth. The temp has dropped back to 2.7c but the DP is 2.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Light Flurry in Ventnor, I am as South as you can pretty much get in our region, my instincts are that we are set for Rain and more rain but fingers crossed.

Posted

First few flakes of snow coming down and its only 1.5c YAY hope we get a covering!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

*Please can posters refrain from predicting the future i.e. rain here, that's it night night*

This adds nothing to the general discussion but reports of temperature trends, dewpoints, actual precipitation and its intensity DOES. ;)

Once again, I hope MOST of us get lucky. :good:

My AT is 1.3c, DP is -0.6c, easy tiger, steady as she goes.

Has anybody got a covering yet?

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

They actually said rain if you look properly. Don't know how you could have snow but everyone more inland doesn't mmmm

I am on the extreme South Coast of the Island and we are definitely get snow at the moment all be it light - will it continue - I doubt it will turn to rain in the not too distant future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

They actually said rain if you look properly. Don't know how you could have snow but everyone more inland doesn't mmmm

they have put a warning from us since yesterday for snow,,,,, like the rest of us...and so far we have had snow..ventnor the next town down are reporting v light snow too

Posted

Ok, slight sizzle/sleet here now in North Southampton, very light though and you have to squint to actually see anything falling from the sky! - but there is something...

DP still -3, temp dropping 1.5 at the mo.

Once the heavier band moves over I'm sure our region will see a significant snowfall, but I'm not sure how long it'll last before turning sleety again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

GTLTW it has juts started here. Very light but definately snow....have you checked? Funny really as I was just about to ask where the amin snow was occuring in the country....

Posted

*Please can posters refrain from predicting the future i.e. rain here, that's it night night*

This adds nothing to the general discussion but reports of temperature trends, dewpoints, actual precipitation and its intensity DOES. ;)

gottolovethisweather

Hi GTLW, temperture feels a lot warmer in Petersfield this afternoon but the snow has started to fall (light as per the Raintoday.co.uk radar) but it bodes well with the dark orange yet to come and dusk falling. Confidence rising for a dumping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

I am on the extreme South Coast of the Island and we are definitely get snow at the moment all be it light - will it continue - I doubt it will turn to rain in the not too distant future.

im in shanklin and cant see ventnor down atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

gottolovethisweather

Got a dusting here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

If its rain for you, then cheer yourself up and have a look at the GFS and surprisingly UKMO. Looking good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Hehehhee!! I'm in Harestock so that's fine by me!! Funny you say that I told hubby its snowing in Chilbolton and he said what the avenue? He is a donut sometimes ;-) I'm looking out every 5 mins now lol. Like a kiddy in a sweetshop. Me and Southampton are in the gap on the 4pm radar lol. http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/

Might as well open up this wine and beer I got today for being snowed in. Red, Rose or While anyone?

Ooohh I'll have a glass of Verdello Solera 1851 if you please.But at 20 pony's a bottle better wait till it's a foot deep outside. :D

PS It's settling now. (not the wine, the snow)

Edited by flyer